Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: BGG spoiler: Silver Dragon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
You picked it - here is Silver Dragon.



Obviously any dragon, especially any Good dragon, is going to find a home in a deck powered by Thundarus. Yes, this is a dragon that draws you a card for Tribute, so it finds a home in "the dragon deck" along with Blue Dragon and potentially Draka's Enforcer. (Though the Enforcer requires Loyalty 2 to draw a card, and that is a bit awkward in the three-color dragon deck sometimes...)

In my experience, there is a much better home for this drake.

The other part of Silver Dragon's tribute is the Marcus-inspired "banish three tokens." Put both of those champions into a deck with Wave of Transformation, and you have the beginnings of a solid late-game control deck, with Good for health-gain and Sage for cardflow.

The whole set will be spoiled this Wednesday or Thursday. We can't wait to share the full thing!

- Nathan Davis
The Spoiler
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
so pretty!! *.*
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very decent card. I believe RiotOfficer Tom won't mind this in his combative humans deck, lol.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Otto
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the card, beautiful artwork <3
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is decent for sure, but it's pretty much just a variant of Marcus. He loses the "play for free when discarded" effect and gains Airborne. Good card, but uninspiring due to the lack of anything really "new" about the card.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Sorenson

St. Paul
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, an evasive Tribute draw a card champion (that can also banish tokens), I can see me playing this card in multiple decks. Especially if I am looking for 1 cost Good cards to enable me to bring Blind Faith.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Sorenson

St. Paul
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmb
It also makes me happy that it can block and break Gold Dragon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
gulden wrote:
Like the card, beautiful artwork <3


Speaking personally: I love the feathery tail. It seems "Good" in a way that Wild's dragons don't.

- Nathan Davis
not feathery
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a release date for this set yet? If so, I haven't seen it

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koz1120 wrote:
Is there a release date for this set yet? If so, I haven't seen it

I guess at the latest November 18 since it'll be available at the White Wizard Game Fair, I'm sure it'll vary on how fast it makes it way out to other retail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Koz1120 wrote:
Is there a release date for this set yet? If so, I haven't seen it

I guess at the latest November 18 since it'll be available at the White Wizard Game Fair, I'm sure it'll vary on how fast it makes it way out to other retail.


It's very odd that if it's that close they haven't given a release date. Is it supposed to be surprise release? Lol...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, what about people who preordered it but are going to Worlds (unfortunately not me yet, but I know people that are)? Are they not gonna get their stuff before Worlds? Or worse, will they be forced to purchase it there in order to participate, and then figure out how to sell their preorders once they get back?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
gamjuven wrote:
Yeah, what about people who preordered it but are going to Worlds (unfortunately not me yet, but I know people that are)? Are they not gonna get their stuff before Worlds? Or worse, will they be forced to purchase it there in order to participate, and then figure out how to sell their preorders once they get back?


Qualified players will be given a 3-of playset when they arrive. People who win a last chance qualifier will also receive a 3-of playset as a prize.

No one will get it before Worlds, unfortunately. We won't even have the cards in our possession until the week of the event.

- Nathan Davis
White Wizard Games
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:
gamjuven wrote:
Yeah, what about people who preordered it but are going to Worlds (unfortunately not me yet, but I know people that are)? Are they not gonna get their stuff before Worlds? Or worse, will they be forced to purchase it there in order to participate, and then figure out how to sell their preorders once they get back?


Qualified players will be given a 3-of playset when they arrive. People who win a last chance qualifier will also receive a 3-of playset as a prize.

No one will get it before Worlds, unfortunately. We won't even have the cards in our possession until the week of the event.

- Nathan Davis
White Wizard Games


Very cool! Excited about this!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.