Tragedy Looper» Forums » General

Subject: Questions about the Customized scripts (mixing expansions)... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafael Gonzalez
Spain
flag msg tools
Hello.

I'm in the way to own this game, mainly because the time-travel/ deduction/ rpg-like style cover all my likings. And, as an old rpg player (and master), the custom scripts interest me the most. So, I have some questions...

- Is it posible to mix the characteres from all the expansions together, or are they restricted to their specific theme scripts?

- The plots / incidents / roles... are also restricted, or can be mixed up (Cosmic Evil and Another Horizon, for example)? May be if the players are aware of it...?

- I suppose an "updated" tabletop is needed, when you get the expansions, as new characteres come to play and they will (probably) have forbidden places in the city...

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
1. You can mix the characters from the expansions together.

2. You shouldn't mix plots/roles from different tragedy sets together; if you want to mix them, make up a new tragedy set that borrows some plots from multiple previous tragedy sets. If you just say "This can use plots/roles from either of these tragedy sets", then the protagonists now have 10 possible plots and 14 possible subplots to deal with instead of the usual 5/7, which makes deduction much more difficult. Incidents you can actually borrow pretty freely if you want to, except for Fake Incident.

3. The starting/forbidden locations printed on the board are a bit outdated, but it's not that big an issue. The only expansion character with a restriction is the A.I. (who, like the Patient, can't move at all), and I think for most people it's more natural to read starting/restricted locations off the character cards than off the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bonner
msg tools
Yeah, the characters can generally be dropped in anywhere it's convenient for you. Sometimes there are weird or non-obvious interactions between a character and a tragedy set, but rather than a flaw, that's really just an opportunity to write a devious script. The rulebooks and example scripts are pretty good about pointing out specific combinations to consider too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Gonzalez
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks for your comments!!

I expect to get the game soon and enjoy it as much as I have read to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
If you're going to mix Tragedy Sets, you should print up a sheet combining the two so protagonists have all the possible plots/subplots/incidents together in one place. Even if it's just a straight up combination, some comparatively simple deductions might be over looked if they have to compare two sheets. It'll be hard enough for them as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.