United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I crazy, or are there two sets of some of the tokens, but in French?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not crazy. The only ones which are only in one language are the ones where the name would be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caffeinehead wrote:
You're not crazy. The only ones which are only in one language are the ones where the name would be the same.

I def am having a tough time navigating the tokens based on the rules.

The ones like Giant Snake that there are two of, do you use both?

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure I have too many games that have some foreign language tokens, but not all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
The ones like Giant Snake that there are two of, do you use both?

It depends entirely on the scenario. A unit with multiple identical tiles in the River can be activated more often than one with only a single tile because one of those tiles will always be cheaper to activate than the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question: why are there hero mats for some of the baddies and river tiles for the good guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
Another question: why are there hero mats for some of the baddies and river tiles for the good guys?

The answer is in one of the updates from when the campaign was going on. They are there so you can flip the script.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you did not follow the KS campaign too closely, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought someone's pledge. I didn't back it. Regardless, the lack of component explanation outside of the scenarios is abysmal. I don't think I have ever been so confused upon opening a game in my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
I bought someone's pledge. I didn't back it. Regardless, the lack of component explanation outside of the scenarios is abysmal. I don't think I have ever been so confused upon opening a game in my life.

Yeah the campaign added a lot of things that simply there for you to design your own scenarios (such as the hero overlord tiles, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a publisher myself, I am a bit disappointed in the layout of the rule book. The play is easy enough, but with no context from the campaign, it is tough to fully discern play. For example, in each scenario, there is a number next to the lieutenants for each scenario. I assume this is their life, but I didn't see an accurate explanation--unless I missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the thog? Does it have 2 our 4 tiles? Two of the tiles are in the middle of a column of French tiles, and including them increases the tile total to 62, whereas the list of contents states 60 tiles. But the name does not change, so there was no need for two versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.