Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why I have to be concerned about capacity if I can first feed my workers from existing stock. Any explanation would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
This might be informative:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1660742/sustenance-phase-co...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to help but I don't understand the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
I'd like to help but I don't understand the question.

For example: At the end of the year I have 3 employed Colonists. I have 5 food in my storage. I can make 2 food with my hunting lodge. I do what now? From reading the rules it appears that even though I have plenty to feed my Colonists with, I still get penalized because I'm not making as much food to meet the demand. This seems silly and so I'm trying to figure out if I've interpreted the rule properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You have the following options:

1) Consume 3 food from your storage. Produce 2 food with your hunting lodges.
2) Reduce your demand by 2 food via the hunting lodges and pay the remaining food from your storage. Your hunting lodges produce nothing.

Usually, taking option 1 would be the best choice (freeing up space in your storage is always great). Option 1 doesn't work if the hunting lodges already have food in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

2) Reduce your demand by 2 food via the hunting lodges and pay the remaining food from your storage. Your hunting lodges produce nothing.

Usually, taking option 1 would be the best choice (freeing up space in your storage is always great). Option 1 doesn't work if the hunting lodges already have food in them.

Thanks! That's how I thought it worked but wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question/request for clarification. If I have merchant in the stable, do I have to feed him? Can't I just send him home and then send him out again during the next turn? Want to make sure I have this right as I'm probably teaching this game later this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Each time you employ someone, you must immediately feed them.

(This does NOT apply to the "Redistribute Workers" phase!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
Each time you employ someone, you must immediately feed them.

Ok thanks for reminding me of that, I'd forgotten that rule. Makes total sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond J Dennis Jr
United States
Meredith
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

Why wouldn't option one work if you had food all ready on the hunting lodges? First of all if you consume 3 food from your storage you should be able to move the 2 food that is on your hunting lodgebefore you produce. Secondly let's say there is food all ready on your hunting lodge doesn't the directions tell you to put resources on your production buildings if you can otherwise put them in your storage or warehouse. Doesn't this imply that the production buildings still produce what ever resource they are suppose to wether there is something there all ready or not?

Also on that note if my warehouse and storage spaces were full and I had stuff on production spaces all ready and I produce, can't I throw away some of the resources in my warehouse or storage to make room for the new produced resources? Maybe I have an abundance of wood and I really need clay, etc.

I love this game but the storage, warehouse, production, and consumption rules make this game a little bit fiddly. And yes I understand why the rules are there and I understand them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.