Subject: Deadly Transmission Threat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin L
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

My Rebels and I are about to play our second mission in our first campaign and they chose the Obi Wan mission - Deadly Transmission. Special setup says to increase threat by twice the threat level and resolve an optional deployment. Do the Rebels get Obi Wan simply for free on this mission, though? Or do I get his 10 points of deployment cost as threat.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They get him free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It should say that they control him for free if he is in the mission. If he's not on the map and not mentioned, they can't use him at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rebels are not choosing to take Obi-Wan to the mission (Obi-Wan is part of the setup), so he being in the mission does not give any extra threat other than the twice the threat level boost of special setup.

This also means that Obi-Wan does not count as the upto one ally per mission limitation.

(The mission is omitting the regular "for no cost", but is is implied.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin L
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, that sucks for me I guess. Seems like an uphill battle on this mission but we'll see. Any advice for the mission itself? I'm tech superiority and only have the Technical Support upgrade so far.

Thanks for the very quick replies and assistance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Use cheap figures. Stall by blocking the terminals. Stun if possible (for example elite imperial officer). Nevermind, I assume threat level 2.

This isn't an easy mission for rebels. I expect it to be true as the first side mission too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin L
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey, thanks again for everyone's help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teth Adam
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran this mission last night and it was pretty fun.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Imperial needs to protect the terminals with at least 3 units if possible. Obi Wan can push them off 2 at a time.
If you can delay the Rebels to not have the doors opened until turn 4, you've more or less won.

In our group, the rebels are Diala, Mak, Davith, and Murne - so I went with:

require wrench test to open the remaining doors since Mak was so far back sniping & that he had the best wrench & that Obi-Wan was no longer on the map.

Obi Wan didn't seem like he'd pull his weight. A Jedi with a black die; once I realized that I piled on him.

Thematically I also dropped the side mission Inquisitor card to chase after Davith. That was overkill - 2 attacks from the Inquisitor, both with about 7 damage - and Davith was defeated. For that 2 influence card, the inquisitor could be useful just standing next to a terminal with 2 other units. Sure, he can be pushed via Obi Wan (Murne, Diala, or others) but he's damned near impossible to defeat. That didn't fit my theme (ie. I wasn't out to win at all costs - I wanted to have a Sith hunt Jedis) however it's pretty exploitable in that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just played this one last night too, but as the rebels!

As for Obi-Wan pushing figures off the terminals, the IP can just park one figure on top of the terminal instead of three. Of course Obi-Wan can have back to back turns or simply slice the figure in half instead...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teth Adam
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stl0369 wrote:
I just played this one last night too, but as the rebels!

As for Obi-Wan pushing figures off the terminals, the IP can just park one figure on top of the terminal instead of three. Of course Obi-Wan can have back to back turns or simply slice the figure in half instead...

OMG. That's just so wrong (but really right). I gave my opponents a chance - if the Inquisitor had done that; I think the table would have been flipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.