4 Posts

Band of Brothers: Ghost Panzer» Forums » Variants

Subject: Red Barricades (ASL) for Ghost Panzer. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Si Brooks
msg tools
Hi Folks,

My son and I have just tried RB1, 'One down, two to go,' with BoB. Obviously we had to make a few unit substitutions but on the whole it translated well. I've tried to translate CoH into GP before, but the disparity in unit organisations and ratings made it unworkable or at least skewed the scenario balance too far.

The ASL scenario worked fine. I had tried a small DASL scenario first. This time I gave each side a CP per leader, foxholes stood in for trenches and this we ignored mines and sewer movement.

Ultimately, all the Stalingrad specific terrain is easy to house rule and fit in to the existing BoB system. I haven't done anything about multi level buildings yet, it needs some thought though. The only only real limitation is the counter mix.

I took a couple of photos but haven't worked out how to show them here. If anyone's interested, give me some pointers for uploading.

Best,

Si
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Cool. It's always interesting to see a scenario from one system translated to another!

SiBootnek wrote:
I took a couple of photos but haven't worked out how to show them here. If anyone's interested, give me some pointers for uploading.

Go to your user gallery (My Geek / Gallery) and upload them there:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/user/1024922/sibootnek

Then use [ ImageID = 42 ] (without the spaces, changing 42 to whatever the image ID is) to display them in a forum post. Forum formatting has details. The little icon of a camera (a few icons east of Bold Italic Underline icons) generates that code for you automatically.

Edited to add: Hmm, looks like you already loaded 2 photos of it to your gallery; I see these 2:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Halley
msg tools
Sweet.

Dean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si Brooks
msg tools
Thanks very much Russ.

A little explanation of the lower photo is necessary. Like a bumpy, at the start of the game I'd forgotten that there are conceal counters on the reverse of vehicles, not just on the foxhole counters. Consequently we were using German coloured counters for the Russian frontline. The lower photo is actually the end of T1, the upper one the end of T6 I think.

It made for a good, close game. The original scenario requires the Germans to take 20 stone locations which they just about did. However as Russian reserves turned up they were likely to lose a couple in the last two turns.

I think the take-away for me, because BoB plays so much quicker, is that there's a realistic chance of finishing a RB campaign. I never managed it with ASL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.