United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Favorite Things and Stuff!

Disclaimer out front: I do put a lot of thought into making sure the game in winnable by either team, but this game comes with a lot of "fuzzy" balance issues. Either team can win, but I can not possibly guarantee the game is balanced. I am pretty dang sure it will fun, though, so hopefully you can settle for that!

It will have alignment reveal, except in the cases where roles change that. Please note that I reveal people as "the -alignment- -role name-", but this is stylistic in nature, it doesn't indicate that the alignment/role combination is unique.

For members of Team Good and Team Evil, there is no conversion. Lynch is decided by votes and there is a max evil nightkill.

"Invalidated" is a key term in this game that you need to understand the importance of. Unlike the typical verbiage we use for powers around here (blocked, cancelled, etc), it does not indicate you can't use your power in the present or the future. It means the effects of whatever we're discussing will be treated as though they never happened, effectively rewriting the game's history. This comes in two flavors: temporary invalidation and permanent invalidation. Temporary invalidation causes me to run the game for as long as it lasts as if someone's role ability had never been effective, but the timeline reverts to the original at the end of that duration. Suddenly you're living in a "what would have happened if" scenario, but then you go back to the game as it was actually played. Permanent invalidation is exactly as it sounds, it permanently rewrites the game, unless that person's role ability is reinstated. (Doing so temporarily was Paper's power from WWTD3.) If you do not understand this, please ask questions, lots of questions, until you do. I balanced this as an unknown mechanism in the first run, but but with it known, games in this series are now written as if you're going to use this mechanic to your benefit!

The game also features posting restrictions. These can never affect your ability to vote. They can range from the mundane (have to quote a post) to much more subtle things (you can't talk about someone you're voting for at the time). They will always be enforceable, things the other mods or I can check are being followed or not. On D1, as long as you are obviously trying to figure out how to make it work, we will make allowances for you to edit your posts to fit the restriction. After D1, or if you blatantly disregard it, we count "strikes". (If we start counting strikes for someone on D1, this would be announced publicly.) Every post that breaks the restriction that we catch before you is 1 strike, every post that you tell us about before we find it is 1/2 strike. Once you have 3 strikes, you are considered to have broken your posting restriction. This invalidates your role power permanently. Ultimately, posting restrictions are voluntary. Breaking them on purpose to invalidate your powers or to get out better communication to your team at a key moment IS in the spirit of the game. Making up your own restriction and then breaking it and pretending things happened is also! (Posting restrictions were part of the reveal of WWTD 3, but they are not part of the reveal of this game.) You may claim that you broke your posting restriction and your power was invalidated, but you may never claim what your posting restriction is. You MAY confirm people guesses, however.

There are no private informational roles due to the retroactive rewriting of the game. I cannot take back information I gave you, so there will not be anything like a traditional seer. Any role that introduces information does so in a public way, death reveals are the primary "seer" mechanic.

People often do not stay dead. As such, you need to keep following the game even if you die, because that may be very temporary! If you cannot, even if dead, you'll need a replacement. While dead, goods are placed in an unspoiled dead chat. Evils in chat are given the choice between dead chat and evil chat. (As such, I arbitarily delay everyone's entrance to dead chat to avoid meta issues, you'll need to tell me in your mod chat if you want dead chat immediately.) Dead people still vote, mostly so I can put their votes back into the timeline if it turns out they were alive, but they may have other important effects this game. Other forms of interaction with the game from death may exist, either connected to role or not. The dead chat vote (only their final votes, not ones they changed) is made public at the end of the day.

Dead chat also features Dead Chat Haunts, people not listed as present in the game. They each have a team they are aligned with. While they can never come back to life the way the rest of you can, they will be using "temporarily dead" chat to further the cause of one of the two teams, and they win if their team wins.

Dead people need to put in orders by bolding them in their mod chat. Their orders may try to target the currently living or dead, and will be attempted to be enacted if they turn out to have been alive on that day after all. If the target is invalid for the day as it played out while they were alive again, it will not take effect.

Victory conditions (standard WW: kill the maxes if you're good, parity if you're evil) are only checked at dusk and dawn. If evil can successfully cause every good and aux evil to be dead simultaneously at any point during the day, with at least one max evil alive, they can win in the midday.

Speaking of the midday - you may die, come back to life, or have your playing conditions changed during the day. If this occurs, I will GM you as soon as I note it, so please keep an eye on your GM's or also be thread present in the future while timewarping!

I make mistakes in this game, because it is ridiculous. If you suspect that I did, because a theory of yours is close to fitting or something seems off, please ask! I will re-examine the scenario and tell you. If a mistake is found, I will broadcast that information as publicly as appropriate to help people work the puzzle. If I find my own mistakes, same deal.

Cassy's death chart should be always be accurate if I don't mess up. If it says someone was killed D1, but I posted [killed Blarg] on D3, trust Cassy.

If two actions would happen at the same time, I will process them in order of initiative, lower number goes first. Going first is good in some cases and bad in others. Initiative has no other effect on the game.

I answer hypothetical questions. If you specify to me what you believe a hypothetical power might do, I will tell you how it would interact with your own. I will also sanity-check your false claims and tell you if I'd ever allow such a role in my game, and provide cover role names and the like if you desire them. I recommend you take me up on that offer if you decide to lie, as this series is very quirky and very, well, Tokish!

Any role power with a night order gets to use it n0. (Please note that the max evil nightkill is never considered a role power.)

--------------------

Social Rules note

It is important to me that everyone enjoy the game, and while this isn't a WWTD, I am not shy about stepping in to fix developing situations or giving feedback. If it is negative feedback, it'll be by GM to keep your mod chat safe to keep. If you receive negative feedback, always remember that it is not a value judgement against you and your character, but an informational help about how your game tone is affecting another player.

I believe in every person on this roster, that you all are people who want to be kind to each other, who want to have a good game together, and who don't intend to destroy each other's happiness. To the extent I intervene, it is to enable to you all to be the people you want to be and to have a fun game together. =)

-----------------

Some Stuff about Times

Dusk: 3pm BGG
night orders due: 4:15pm BGG (but will be extended if I've taken too long to process "after dusk" effects, with a public announcement)
Dawn ETA: 4:45pm, hopefully?

You may talk during the night phase until orders are due or during the "after dusk" and "after dawn" processing. If you choose to do so, be very aware of the current conditions, as these are times you might suddenly die and not be allowed to talk in thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game 1 https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1532952/what-would-toka...

Game 2 https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1553793/more-toks-favor...

Previous Rolesets:

WWTD3 - http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1532952/chat (Check out the top of each Orders Chat)

MTFT - https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23863433#23863433

Intro Videos With What to Expect:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Roster with Initiative List:

Amaroq81 58
annab 39
AnneAa 72.2
BerenCamlost 76
FaleohFang 66
inkarnit 72.1
ljtrigirl 41
ortho_ 65
PaperF 73
Rhanddom 52
RoyalApe 61
silverbonds 85
Tomotz 27
xandryyte 11

Dead Chat Haunts: Murph, Doppio, L3, Kara, Gaius
Team Mod: Tok, Elias, Gelrod, Mono, Rorab
: ???

Important note:

There are now double digits of people involved in this game that don't show up on the Cassy roster, but either are very spoiled (mod types) or cannot be spoiled (haunts and the like). So don't talk about the game to someone you think isn't involved with it unless you've made very sure.

-----------------------

Item Rules

1. Items exist.

2. Most of them, at least, can be passed at night. It is the only thing that goes after the nightkill in the night phase.

3. Each item will tell you exactly what it does and what you can/need to do with it.

4. If you pass an item successfully, you will receive a message in your mod chat that says, "You pass -item name/type- successfully!" or an equivalent message. If your attempt to pass an item fails, you'll get a message that looks like "Your item pass failed!"

4a. If you do not get either of those responses or a less generic message, we have failed to process your pass order one way or the other. Please bug us for your result!

4b. We update Game Orders during the passing process, so where we haven't messed up, you can look at a list of your items that could be passed by looking your available pass orders. If this ever disagrees with what we told you in chat, the chat answer is correct, and let us know to fix your orders!

5. Redirects never affect the passing of items.

(Please note, for people reading the game later, that these item rules were intentionally not published until D2.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
annab
AnneAa
BerenCamlost
FaleohFang
inkarnit
ljtrigirl
ortho_
PaperF
Rhanddom
RoyalApe
silverbonds
Tomotz
xandryyte

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1663396

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't sign up on Cassandra. (but I would if I could!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do your best, and that is enough.
badge
Assume at any given point I'm just screaming internally.
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
arrrh

arrrharrrhgoo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
TFang wrote:
arrrh

arrrharrrhgoo?

arrrharrrhcool

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do your best, and that is enough.
badge
Assume at any given point I'm just screaming internally.
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
TFang wrote:
arrrh

arrrharrrhgoo?

arrrharrrhcool

thumbsup

devildevilarrrhheart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Nickname courtesy of Baby Cat! Uber badge courtesy of Natsume! <3
badge
"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had the intention to sign up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Nevertheless, she persisted.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna B.
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just didn't sign up on Cassandra. cry whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sign me up please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I join?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apocaloctopus
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm returning ... from the dead ... again? Count me in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in at least to haunt dead chat, and maybe to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiwi13cubed wrote:

I'll pin you down on which in a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Kiwi13cubed wrote:

I'll pin you down on which in a few weeks.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are currently on the Cassy roster for this game, you should have recieved a personalized GM today asking about your commitment to playing in 3 weeks. Generally it contains a check on whether you are also in either of the two games currently scheduled that might overlap this one due to player count, as well as what personal provisos, encouragement, whatnot apply to your particular situation.

If you did not get this GM, I screwed up, and please tell me you didn't get it! I need at least a fairly accurate approximate player count by the end of this week.

Elias has already confirmed he's still on board to keep me sane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My commitments to you:

This game series takes a ton of work behind the scenes to run. So just as I've asked you all for your prioritization, I've cut the games I could possibly be alive in come February the 13th to just one myself. It also is specifically scheduled in a week I have a lot of real life time to devote.

I will do anything I can in pre-game setup to make the game prepared to be as enjoyable as possible and fit any needs you are honest with me about. D1 will be scheduled around the fact that Fa and xand both have jobs that don't allow for sneaking in posting from work, because they have kept me abreast of their limitations. If you alert me about your limitations in advance, I will similarly build them into the organizational part of the game to the maximum of my ability as well.

I've never managed a totally error-free run of this, but I will keep them as low as possible, and I will be as transparent about mod errors as it is possible to be once I've caught them. If I have to adjust something about the game, like Borg's reveal from MTFT, you will know it is because of modly screwup, not game effects. A really key thing for me is that this series be a soluble puzzle from the inside if you had all the information, and for you to be able to make good guesses even if you didn't.

I will read every one of your posts, sometimes twice, to keep track of both your real posting restriction and fake ones if you request help keeping track of those.

I will answer any questions you ask as fully as I can about terminology, hypothetical power interactions, etc. I will also privately message you in mod chat if your posts/chats indicate to me you might not actually understand your own power. If you're lying, that is cool, but I want to make sure you are well grounded in what your role does and how it works.

----------------------

What I ask from you:

Please come loaded to play, within your schedule and ability and playstyle. Also, if you have the ability to help other people be engaged, take it! I thought one of the saddest parts of WWTD3 was that Paper couldn't read Royal's posts. Royal's posts were very short, and it would have taken very little effort for anyone in thread to transcribe them, but no one ever did. It doesn't matter what team you are on, more engaged other players make for a better game! The more you can glean about people's actions, the better you can try to control history for your benefit.

Please communicate to me sooner than later if you think I've messed something up, if factors are making the game harder for you to play, just about anything game related. If it is in my power to help, the likelihood is that I can help much better early on than later. =)

Please do not replace out of this game unless you truly need to. Smug, Shawna, and Borg were all particularly amazing replacements last game, but this game series is hard on replacements, and harder on the living people when it has them. Obviously if you lose a family member, your spouse is hospitalized, etc, tell me you need out. If something is tempting you towards the green arrow (though don't actually use the green arrow), talk to me in mod chat or via GM - and again, earlier rather than later.

Please try to love each other like I love y'all. heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faleoh
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
There were times when she felt lost, but that did not stop her. For the further she went, the more she collected herself as she walked away. And the more she walked away, the closer she got to it all.
badge
And in the end, she became more than what she expected. She became the journey, and like all journeys, she did not end, she just simply changed directions. -RM Drake
mbmbmbmbmb
As Tok knows, my posting schedule is as set as it is limited. I post after 7est on weekdays and can review my voted between 1-2 pm est on my phone on my break most days. That is not a given. Cell phones are verboten at work and I work FT now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, our week has gone by. The roster looks to stay basically the same - there is a single person I haven't heard back from this week, so this wil either be a 13 or 14 player game with the folks Cassy is currently showing.

Setup starts this week on my end (and my comods/mod help), and I will start the n0 process the week before the game. This is to ensure we have time to talk through posting restrictions and whatnot. Those n0 modchats will be closed and I'll start new, cleaned up ones, come D1.

First Dusk will still be Feb 13, so don't freak out if the game appears to be in "go" mode very early. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated the 2nd post with some intro videos discussing some common things to the series as a whole, to try and refresh vet's knowledge and give new people a better idea of what kind of questions to ask.

While doing it, I realized I needed to write a really good explanation and summary with examples of how I convey processing phases, so expect that soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lock Clear
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how these work exactly but I would like to play in one sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
I'm not sure how these work exactly but I would like to play in one sometime.

Come dead chat haunt this one! Or be an alternate, you have until the 12th to decide which would be better for you. =)

I think dead chat haunts get a really cool view of the game, though, and active ones make a better FT game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [75] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.