Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Kisgen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I realize this is probably a really dumb question, but since I can't convince myself one way or the other, I figured I would save myself more time and rely on the kindness of the people on this forum to help me out!

My basic question is, does a Rocketeer become "engaged" with an alien when he moves into a tile with an alien, or is he free to continue moving past an alien with any additional AP on that turn. Similarly, if a Rocketeer starts a turn in a tile with an alien, can he move out of the tile ignoring the fact that he is in a tile with an alien?

I might have missed it, but I didn't see anything in the rules that says you have to stop when you enter a tile with an alien, but in many games of this kind, you have to stop if you enter a space with the enemy.

Thanks, and again, sorry if this is really obvious or if I missed a line in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't an engagement concept that I've run across. The rocketeer is free to continue moving past an alien with any additional AP on that turn.

Edit: actually, the engagement you describe is mentioned in the Admiral difficulty level variant on page 16:

Quote:
a Rocketeer entering a tile containing a non-Stunned Alien cannot spend a Move Action to leave the tile without rst spending an Action either to attack or make an IQ Action roll against an Alien

Needless to say, I haven't played with this harder variant yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Kisgen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:

Needless to say, I haven't played with this harder variant yet

Obviously I haven't either! That variant seems to make it clear that there isn't engagement in the normal rules. Thanks for the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it right -- there's no rule restricting Rocketeers from moving through tiles with aliens. Thanks for playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.