Subject: Card Discarding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
If my friend pulls a Masterstrike that makes us all discard cards, and I've got a card that says I get +1 (or whatever) if I discarded any other cards this turn, like Green Goblin for example, do I get to use that ability for the card I discarded during the Masterstrike phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to play a card to get its bonus unless it's stated that the effect is activated when the card is discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Xahendir wrote:
You have to play a card to get its bonus unless it's stated that the effect is activated when the card is discarded.

Green Goblin's common reads "If you discarded any cards during this turn, you get +2 ATTACK"

My question was do I get that +2 from the card I discarded earlier during the Masterstrike my friend pulled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No because you have to play the card to get a bonus for having discarded an other card.

(presuming that the ability of the mastermind took place during an other turn, your explanation is not clear)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Green Goblin only cares about the current turn, not what happened since you drew your last hand. If the Master Strike happens on your turn, then GG will acknowledge it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
mb
nimstradamus wrote:
Xahendir wrote:

Green Goblin's common reads "If you discarded any cards during this turn, you get +2 ATTACK"

My question was do I get that +2 from the card I discarded earlier during the Masterstrike my friend pulled?

You didn't discard it on your turn, unfortunately. You discarded it on someone else's turn. So no trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Play Green Goblin's common.
2. Ask yourself, "Did I discard any cards during this turn?"
2a. If yes, you get +2 Attack.
2b. If no, you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to be complete, it's possible that Craig is asking what "this turn" means. In some games, a "turn" could be everyone around the table taking actions. But in this game, a "turn" begins when a player turns over a Villain card and ends when they discard all their cards and draw a new hand. So in order for that green Goblin power to activate, you would have had to have discarded a card sometime between those two events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
randomlife wrote:
And just to be complete, it's possible that Craig is asking what "this turn" means. In some games, a "turn" could be everyone around the table taking actions. But in this game, a "turn" begins when a player turns over a Villain card and ends when they discard all their cards and draw a new hand. So in order for that green Goblin power to activate, you would have had to have discarded a card sometime between those two events.

This.

The definition of a "turn" in Legendary is a bit weak, but in general tends not to be the best one for the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.