Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy M
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game three times today and really enjoyed it. Just have a few clarifying questions

1. Do you need to place a worker in position 13 to run your businesses? We assumed no

2. During the final two rounds, do you no longer draw any export tiles as there are none higher than level 3?

3. If you need to go below 0 money, do you reduce to 0 and take a penalty tile or do you remain where you are taking a penalty tile. Also do you just take a -1 or is it related to the amount you need to reduce?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wired84 wrote:

1. Do you need to place a worker in position 13 to run your businesses? We assumed no

No, there is no spot for the worker -> you do not have to place the worker.

wired84 wrote:

2. During the final two rounds, do you no longer draw any export tiles as there are none higher than level 3?

I do not get that question?
In round 6 and round 7 you draw export tiles from Level III. This is marketd in the austerity plan.
There are 4 spoty for new export tiles. In the game there are 12 Level III export tiles. so you draw 6 of them in total in the last 2 rounds as indicated in the austerity plan. Please keep in ind, that you do not fill empty slots (=used exportg tiles). You jsut shift the column 1 step to the left and bring in 4 nex tiles (=1 new column)
wired84 wrote:

3. If you need to go below 0 money, do you reduce to 0 and take a penalty tile or do you remain where you are taking a penalty tile. Also do you just take a -1 or is it related to the amount you need to reduce?

It is not allowed to go below 0 money. You can get a loan but you never can get below 0 money. This is not written in the rulenokk but I would wonder if it would be the case that you can spend below 0 money. It´s natural that you have to have money in order to invest in something. If you do not have the money you cannot invest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:

I do not get that question?
In round 6 and round 7 you draw export tiles from Level III. This is marketd in the austerity plan.

Not quite!
You do NOT draw export tiles according to the austerity plan (this is explicitly mentioned in the rules). The first level II export tiles will enter the board as future contracts in round 3 (still on level I), and will become ACTIVE in round 4. The same happens for the level III tiles which are added in round 5 and be active in round 6.

All you really have to do is follow the setup rules and remove 8 tiles from levels I and II each. Similarly, not all of the level III tiles will be used, but you don't need to remove them beforehand.

As for the last round: There are "shady business" cards that allow you to use future contracts, so you should still add tiles to the future section for the last round (but they will never become active).

But since it seems that the OP ran out of tiles (which should definitely not happen), make sure you only remove the remaining of the four leftmost tiles each round, and add (only) 4 new ones to the future contracts. It sounds like you removed and added too many.

About the last question: he was not asking if he was allowed to go below 0. He was asking what happened if he had to spend more money than he had: if he needed to reduce money to 0 and take a penalty tile, or if he just had to take the penalty tile without spending the money.
The game is called CRISIS - i am all for getting broke AND taking an additional penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't go below zero money. If you need to spend money on a particular action, and can't or choose not to, you may be taking a penalty tile (check the rules). You don't get the money and take the penalty tile. It all depends on the spot. Again check the rules but I played recently where I had to take an immediate -3 because of the severity of the penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:
You can't go below zero money. If you need to spend money on a particular action, and can't or choose not to, you may be taking a penalty tile (check the rules). You don't get the money and take the penalty tile. It all depends on the spot. Again check the rules but I played recently where I had to take an immediate -3 because of the severity of the penalty.

Nobody was talking about "getting money".
There are (many) events where you need to pay taxes. I do think that if you can't pay them all, you still pay as much as you can AND get a penalty tile.

How did you get an "immediate -3"? The way i understand it, you get a -1 each time you can't fulfill the requirements or do an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
sneakypete21 wrote:

Nobody was talking about "getting money".
There are (many) events where you need to pay taxes. I do think that if you can't pay them all, you still pay as much as you can AND get a penalty tile.

How did you get an "immediate -3"? The way i understand it, you get a -1 each time you can't fulfill the requirements or do an action.

Ok, sorry I misunderstood. Well the events talk about what penalties to take. The -3 penalty tile I got was because I couldn't buy the chemicals I wanted (not enough money) in the import market. As stated in the rules (pg.11) you have to take a penalty tile worth -3. Or if you decide not to invest in a business that would've given you +4 VP then you get -4 in penalty tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that most events that cause the loss of credits will give a penalty tile (-1) once if you can't afford to pay, but you don't lose your remaining credits (probably no more than two anyway). There are events (New Real Estate Taxes/New Health Tax?) that assess a cost per Company card/employee, and those can be partially paid while also potentially granting multiple penalties (one per unpaid Company/employee).

As for penalty tiles, you take penalty tiles equal to the minimum VP cost/gain of the location you are failing to activate, which defaults to -1 if there is no VP value associated. The most common source of larger penalties is being unable to afford a Company where you have placed a manager; you take penalty tiles equal to how many you would have earned for purchasing that Company. You can similarly take multi-point penalties for failing to execute an import location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:

Ok, sorry I misunderstood. Well the events talk about what penalties to take. The -3 penalty tile I got was because I couldn't buy the chemicals I wanted (not enough money) in the import market. As stated in the rules (pg.11) you have to take a penalty tile worth -3. Or if you decide not to invest in a business that would've given you +4 VP then you get -4 in penalty tiles.

Ah, you are right, thanks for the clarification! (also to Kyellan)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyellan wrote:
I believe that most events that cause the loss of credits will give a penalty tile (-1) once if you can't afford to pay, but you don't lose your remaining credits (probably no more than two anyway).

I checked one at random and it was lose 3 credits. If you had zero money then you'd get a -3VP penalty tile. There are others that penalise you one credit per employee or investment in companies. If you're being to pay 5 and have 3 you could reduce your money to 0 and take -2 in penalty tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaaand one free advice:
Always save some money to pay your loan interest. The exchange rate throughout the game is approximately 1 VP / 5 credits - except some companies where it is about 1 VP / 3-5 credits.
But the penalty for not being able to pay interest is 1 VP/ 1 credit.

Sweet, huh?

Thanks for playing the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sot07 wrote:
Always save some money to pay your loan interest. The exchange rate throughout the game is approximately 1 VP / 5 credits - except some companies where it is about 1 VP / 3-5 credits.

Sweet, huh?

I have one question though: Let's say, for easier understanding, that it is the very last round of the game and I have my marker at space 1 on the loan section, and I have exactly 10 money.

The way I understand final scoring, I get 1 point for each 5 coins, and I would get -2 for each loan I have.

So, in the example above, I would get 2 points because of my 10 coins and then loose these points imediately because of the loan, leaving me with 0 points.

So I could pay the loan by spending my 10 coins right before game's end, since I can do this at anytime. However, this would still leave me with 0 points because no I have absolutely no money, but I'm also not getting any penalty.

What I got from this is: There is not such a huge incentive for you to actually pay your loans one you take it. I mean, sure you have to keep sure you have 1 coin for each loan each round (and that could some up to whooping 24 coins/points druing the course of the game, if you are completely crazy), but I don't see it as that much punishment.

Did I get this right? Is the intention for the Loan just to hinder you during the actual game with loan interest, but it won't actually hurt you that much in the final scoring (considering you have the coins for it)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:
sot07 wrote:

Sweet, huh?

I have one question though: Let's say, for easier understanding, that it is the very last round of the game and I have my marker at space 1 on the loan section, and I have exactly 10 money.

The way I understand final scoring, I get 1 point for each 5 coins, and I would get -2 for each loan I have.

So, in the example above, I would get 2 points because of my 10 coins and then loose these points imediately because of the loan, leaving me with 0 points.

So I could pay the loan by spending my 10 coins right before game's end, since I can do this at anytime. However, this would still leave me with 0 points because no I have absolutely no money, but I'm also not getting any penalty.

What I got from this is: There is not such a huge incentive for you to actually pay your loans one you take it. I mean, sure you have to keep sure you have 1 coin for each loan each round (and that could some up to whooping 24 coins/points druing the course of the game, if you are completely crazy), but I don't see it as that much punishment.

Did I get this right? Is the intention for the Loan just to hinder you during the actual game with loan interest, but it won't actually hurt you that much in the final scoring (considering you have the coins for it)?

Yes, this is pretty much the idea (if I understood you correctly). You won't have any problem with your loans in the final scoring (either lose or gain, because the exchange rate is 1 VP per 5 credits), as long as you keep in mind to have this 1 credit for interest during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.