Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am curious if there are any stores in BC (Vancouver and Lower mainland) that support or run many FFG tournaments? Specifically I am interested in Armada and SW LCG. Not as much for xwing or netrunner.

Thinking of getting into armada but curious if there is a regular play group anywhere.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking into Armada, I have a large collection I was thinking of getting rid of. Let me know if you're interested.

As for tourneys, I'm in Kelowna and there are a lot for Armada and X-Wing so I'd imagine Vancouver would have been bunch too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been quite a lot of Armada being played at Strategies on Main st and Magic Stronghold on Kingsway, since the game was launched.

A few tournaments have been held at both I think. There is an active group on FB that much of the organising and announcements occur. Vancouver BC Armada.

I do get the feeling that some of the initial excitement and activity has naturally dwindled. I have to say, that the very few times I have been in both stores of late, X Wing is the game being played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
Canada
Metro Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirby at Board Game Warriors in New Westminster periodically runs Armada and X-Wing tournaments. He posts them through the Board Games of Greater Vancouver and Beyond the Infinite Meetup group. Here's a link to the last one in September.

https://www.meetup.com/The-Board-Gamers-of-Central-Vancouver...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Marion
Canada
Surrey
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameStars in Langley has hosted a few Armada events in the past.
I've not played in any myself but the store is pretty open to gaming in general; I've hosted Netrunner, Conquest and Game of Thrones events there multiple times over the last couple of years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gillmeister
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies - I found a few people in the Facebook Armada group and planning on playing with them shortly. They are based in Langley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.