Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Seeber
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There appears to be a problem with the geekgold award system on imagemod at the moment. My geekgold balance has gone up by more than 5 today (all accounted for by my geekmod listings geekgold balance), and I know I haven't moderated sufficient images to account for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Perhaps it is a bonus for those of us who do mod. I am not sure of my starting balance today (I thought it was around 45gg), but it appears my GG has gone up by maybe 8gg since this morning (since I am now at 54gg).

Best to leave well enough alone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denee Tyler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also noticed this. I should have about thirty, and I've gone all the way up to about 46. Whoa, Nelly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed a jump in my GeekModding rewards a couple of times this evening as well. It just jumped from about 1.5 to 3 within the last 20 minutes, and only a few photos would have been approved in that time. I wonder if it has anything to do with the review and session report that appear to be stuck in GeekModding limbo right now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Self Appointed Senator of Good Ideas
Other-South Pacific
Coming Soon
Castle GreySkull
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Once I got extra GG for an image. I posted it, none of the admins replied so I just used it all for tips and gifts since I hadn't earned it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
After having posted last night and going to bed, I jumped up another 8 gg it appears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed this as well. I wonder if we're getting 0.1 instead of 0.01 for approvals. I just approved 3 reviews and they were approved, my balance went up 0.3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DaveD wrote:
I've noticed this as well. I wonder if we're getting 0.1 instead of 0.01 for approvals. I just approved 3 reviews and they were approved, my balance went up 0.3

I just cleared out my queue for modding. Did someone notice if the value for approved pics changed from .01 to .1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't know what has changed, but modding 2 images, 3 reviews and 1 session report earned me almost 5 GG this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianMola wrote:
DaveD wrote:

I just cleared out my queue for modding. Did someone notice if the value for approved pics changed from .01 to .1?

Scratch that idea my total's still rising without me doing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie Derkins
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:

Mine too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we're also receiving the GG awarded for each thing we review. My GG total has jumped about 15-18 GG, but I'm not sure exactly how much since I wasn't paying that close of an attention to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DaveD wrote:
BrianMola wrote:
DaveD wrote:

A new imag popped up in the queue and it still lists approved images at .01 gg.

Trying to pay attention to it now, it seems all approvals ar 1 gg instead of .01 gg. Ihave jumped up 3 gg since this morning but still have only.01 in "change."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spend it quick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue GeekModding.

Anyway, the glitch may be in the images. I had a zero balance (new badge), so it was pretty easy to tell what modding did. One image (approved) appeared to be either .31 or .36.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Hinds
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got .05 from a review I approved that was subsequently approved by GeekMod, is that the normal return?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Maybe Aldie found a money market for the GG and this is our return on interest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianMola wrote:
Maybe Aldie found a money market for the GG and this is our return on interest!

It's the miracle of compound interest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radiok wrote:
I just got .05 from a review I approved that was subsequently approved by GeekMod, is that the normal return?

I think this is about right, yes. It's not spelled out anywhere that I've seen, but that matches my impression.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Hinds
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My gold just jumped four times in the matter of a minute, I kept refreshing and everytime I did it went up and up.

36.63 -> 36.79 -> 36.86 -> 36.91

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
radiok wrote:
My gold just jumped four times in the matter of a minute, I kept refreshing and everytime I did it went up and up.

36.63 -> 36.79 -> 36.86 -> 36.91

Keep refreshing then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jpat wrote:
radiok wrote:

I think this is about right, yes. It's not spelled out anywhere that I've seen, but that matches my impression.

No. When you GeekMod, if your vote matches the final outcome, then you are to only receive 0.01 GG. The only exception is when you decline a photo. Then the reward for matching in 0.10 gg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
BrianMola wrote:
jpat wrote:
radiok wrote:

No. When you GeekMod, if your vote matches the final outcome, then you are to only receive 0.01 GG. The only exception is when you decline a photo. Then the reward for matching in 0.10 gg.

For reviews and session reports we do get 0.05 GG (because they usually take more time to mod than images).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I've been getting 0.05 per review and session report for months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's with the reviews and session report stuck in limbo in geekmod? Are the reviews/sessions taking forever to load for any one else, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |