Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Barton
Australia
Gungahlin
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I was wondering what it would be like or if anyone out there has played the game just like every other normal Legendary game: You choose your hero, and add their deck to the crew deck/pile. It makes a whole lotta sense to me esp. when you look at the flavor of the cards' functions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sure is possible but this variant would make the game more difficult. Some abilities that are needed (like healing or destroying flaws) are found either on the character cards or on their avatars. If for example you would play without Simon's avatar or character cards, you wouldn't be able to heal at all. Besides, if you play like written in the rules, you always see all Firefly characters in action.. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
It sure is possible but this variant would make the game more difficult. Some abilities that are needed (like healing or destroying flaws) are found either on the character cards or on their avatars. If for example you would play without Simon's avatar or character cards, you wouldn't be able to heal at all. Besides, if you play like written in the rules, you always see all Firefly characters in action.. cool

In a pinch, Inara might squeak the crew by with her weak heals if she's in the deck. But, yeah, you really need either Simon's deck or someone using his avatar for consistent heals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kingtiger
msg tools
Azikin wrote:
If for example you would play without Simon's avatar or character cards, you wouldn't be able to heal at all.

But doesn't that mean you never want to play with Simon as a main for the same reason, you need his cards?

It seems strange to me that you'd want to play your favorite character but you wouldn't get to use any of their cards. It's almost like you play with the characters you don't want to play

I'm going to give the game a go using the card of the 5 main characters to see how it plays, but the official rules seem like a strange design choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
True, but if you have alot of talents in your deck, you'll trigger his heals alot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak King
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We tried it with 5 Main chars and their decks in the Crew deck and left the supportig chars away.
For Episodes 1-3 it worked fine and was a exciting game till the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.