7 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing Tactics Cards in Battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C J

Arkansas
msg tools
Starting with the attacker, players alternate playing and resolving tactics cards.

I get that once a player declines to play a card, she can't play anymore cards. However, once someone passes on their right to play a card, does the opponent get to play Only one more card? Or does the opponent get to play as many as she wants/has in her hand?

In the example, the opponent plays only one additional card after the attacker passes, but the rules say "There is no limit to the number of Tactics cards that can be played."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play cards until both players pass. There isn't a "only one more" rule that exists. Don't add one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
HerrohGrant wrote:
You can play cards until both players pass. There isn't a "only one more" rule that exists. Don't add one!

I disagree.

From the rules, Page 10 Section C Play tactics Cards,
Quote:
Once player declines to play a tactics card, they can no longer play tactics in the current battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rderderian wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:

I disagree.

From the rules, Page 10 Section C Play tactics Cards,
Quote:
Once player declines to play a tactics card, they can no longer play tactics in the current battle.

Hi Robert --

When a player passes, THAT player is out. But, there is no "one more card" limit on the remaining player. They can play unlimited cards until both players pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
Ok so we agree. Yes, the other player that has not passed can keep playing cards. I misunderstood your original comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Stassen
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
This was confusing to me as well, the rule seemed to hint that the next player could only play one last card.

Here is how people like me interpred the rule:

Player 1 plays a card,
player 2 plays a card,
player 1 passes,
player 2 plays a card,
player 1 passed so playing cards sequence is now over.

The rule does not clearly mention you can play multiple cards after the other player passed, and the example also stopped with playing one card after a pass :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluestrike01 wrote:
This was confusing to me as well, the rule seemed to hint that the next player could only play one last card.

Here is how people like me interpred the rule:

Player 1 plays a card,
player 2 plays a card,
player 1 passes,
player 2 plays a card,
player 1 passed so playing cards sequence is now over.

The rule does not clearly mention you can play multiple cards after the other player passed, and the example also stopped with playing one card after a pass :-)

Hi,

Players can play as many cards as they have that are valid and they wish to play.

Once you pass, you cannot play any more cards.

You can play as many cards as you want, even if an opponent has passed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.