$30.00
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my entry for the 2016 Children's Game Print and Play Design Contest.

Busy town is a pick-up and deliver game using a modular board. Each tile has a section of road, and along the road, players can place locations such as shops, farms, event halls and the like. The tiles are sized so that players can use matchbox cars as pawns (and will hopefully make a fun play set outside the game).

Players score points by delivering items to locations, certain locations will make new items if their needs are met: take flour, strawberries, and cream to the bakery and it will make a cake to be delivered to the party.

I've made the basic tiles, I'll try to have these and other components up soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems whenever I'm home I completely forget to upload the tiles...

A quick brainstorm. Not sure if there are too many (or not enough) things going on.

Goods:
- Milk
- Flour
- Fruit
- Flowers
- Timber
- Nails

- Icecream (Milk + fruit)
- Cake (Flour + fruit)

Locations:
- Dairy (gives milk)
- Mill (gives flour)
- Farm (gives fruit)
- Bakery (makes cake with flour + fruit)
- Ice-cream shop (makes ice-cream with milk+fruit)

Events:

- Construction site (Needs timber + nails)
- Party (Needs cake + icecream)
- Wedding (Needs cake + flowers)
- Transport (move someone from X to Y)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaand finally I uploaded the tiles. I'll try and get locations cards done soon.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7CaUkid9CW1dTZ0ZWp6TlVzLW...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Hoddinott
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good Luck with this Douglas. I think kids (me) enjoy this type of thing. Careful decision making and pre-planning get rewarded. Keep working on it, we are looking forward to the fruit of your genius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
The Battle of Agincourt and the Death of Chivalry
badge
Tastes of Siege is my new game for the Children's Game Design Contest
mbmbmbmbmb
I love having a pick-up and deliver game in the contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silly Syanide
Norway
flag msg tools
Gamer Growing poster child, or: Why all 4 year olds should get MAX (by Family Pastimes)
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the age group you're going for, I think. For the very youngest set I believe just one rule is best. I've played Co-op Train Game, which has just one rule (Bring the goods where they are wanted), with kids from 3 years many many times, they have all adored it, even though it's downright grim to look at, and amazingly they all still ask to play it every once in a while, at now 7+ years. Even though my 7yo now plays Adventure Land, he still loves the simple Co-op Train game. But he would probably be very interested now to up the rules notch to more advanced. So I guess that's what I would suggest: Have a tiny kids rule set and a more advanced option.

I loooooove the idea of matchbox cars! meeple

So far, your entry is my favorite! kiss Look so much forward to seeing it progress & playing it! (Oh man, I must get my printer up and running again soon!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.