Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

I`ve just played 2x a 2player game of ominoes with the 2player rule.
I`ve rolled a die...if it`s the color of a die on the board I was moving this die exactly 3 spaces otherwise I´ve placed it anywhere on the board (just an empty space....no other limitation).
The 2 other die symbols were clear: Ra = moving any die on the board. Snake: Roll an already placed die on the board and put it back to the old position.
After doing the action place the just rolled die to any empty place on the board. Does not need to be adjacent to an already placed die on the board.

In a 2 player game the other 2 colors can also be collected. Collection of dice on the board can only be done with 1 color and not a mixture of your own + the non-player colors (in a 2 player game).

Now to the situation: We only managed it to have 6 - 8 dice (at max) on the board. After that someone could easily collect and count a group of dice..leaving 2 or 3 dice remaining on the board.

My question: Is this often the case that most of the time the board is almost empty?! Then placing up to 8 dice at max and then earning points with a group of 4 or 5?!

Did we do something wrong?
Based on 2x a 2player game I want to try out a game with 3 or 4 players as 2 players didn`t work that well. The board was always almost empty and there was no tricky decission to make.

...but maybe we did something wrong?!

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franks Body
msg tools
Hi Mario,
Thanks for your Ominoes question.

It sounds like you are playing everything correctly. A variant that we are working on for 2 players could work well for you.

If you choose 2 colours each (say red and green for player 1 and blue and yellow for player 2) then start the game by placing two of BOTH of your colours on the board to begin.

Once the game starts you roll 1 dice and move anything but you can only score with your colour (s).

Again they can use the black wild cards but the two colours cannot be combined.

I hope that helps.
Happy gaming
Andrew Harman
YAY Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Franks Body wrote:
Hi Mario,
Thanks for your Ominoes question.

It sounds like you are playing everything correctly. A variant that we are working on for 2 players could work well for you.

If you choose 2 colours each (say red and green for player 1 and blue and yellow for player 2) then start the game by placing two of BOTH of your colours on the board to begin.

Once the game starts you roll 1 dice and move anything but you can only score with your colour (s).

Again they can use the black wild cards but the two colours cannot be combined.

I hope that helps.
Happy gaming
Andrew Harman
YAY Games

This scoring alternative could work for us. I will check that out.

Many thanks

Kind regards
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franks Body
msg tools
Hi Mario,
Please let us know how you get on.
Feedback like this helps us get our games even better!

Cheers
Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a question: I can only score with my color.....that's clear......but can I remove the other color from the board like as if you would score it, but without scoring OR will the second color remain on the board......what is your suggestion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.