Subject: Shipped, package not received at UPS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Johnson
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
After ordering on Oct. 13, I've been waiting patiently for my order to complete and for the shipment to arrive. On occasion, I've checked out the forums to ease my anxiety about the shipping delays and other shipping-related issues. Now that it's been confirmed that all orders are out the door and many of the shipping posts have subsided, I'm a bit concerned about the status of my order. Below is the order of events with my order processing.

Oct 13 - Order confirmation, invoice received

Oct 18 - Order shipped, received tracking number. Package in transit to a UPS facility

Oct 19 - Your package was not received at the UPS facility as originally scheduled. This may cause a delay.

That's the last update on the order. According to UPS ground delivery, it should be a two day transit from Wisconsin. I opened a ticket with Riot Games a few days ago and haven't heard back yet, but I understand that responses are delayed.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is in a similar situation, and am hoping that UPS didn't screw something up with the shipment. I also don't know if Riot Games retained a limited inventory from the first batch to be able to resolve shipment issues (lost, damaged, or otherwise). It would really suck to find that the package was lost, and subsequently be queued for a year-end or springtime shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like a shipping SNAFU.

Contact Riot Games. They are the ones that can answer your questions/take care of the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same message, but it did ship a couple days later, and I've since received the game. You may just have to wait on their massive backlog of support tickets for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
runtsta wrote:
I had the same message, but it did ship a couple days later, and I've since received the game. You may just have to wait on their massive backlog of support tickets for now.

Notification stated game shipped on the 18th.
That's almost 2 weeks ago.

Sounds like your delay between the Riot notification of game shipping and UPS showing it received the game was just a couple of days.
I can see there being a few day delay between shipment notification and it showing up on the UPS system, but almost 2 weeks?!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
runtsta wrote:

Sounds like your delay between the Riot notification of game shipping and UPS showing it received the game was just a couple of days.
I can see there being a few day delay between shipment notification and it showing up on the UPS system, but almost 2 weeks?!!

It was about 6 days for me, but yeah, it sounds like there's something wrong in your case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thanks for the responses. From what I can tell, my situation may be unique. I received a quick response from Riot after posting the thread, and they are looking into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick M.
msg tools
mbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
runtsta wrote:

I have the same thing. Last update oct 17th "package details received electronically from seller". The status at the top says "waiting for package to arrive at facility"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Cashel-Cordo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
It is not unique I had the same issue. They sent a message to the warehouse on Sunday but nothing from that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
Just thought I'd give an update for those that may be in the same boat. I received a response from Riot, updating my ticket to say that they would be forwarding my request to the shipping team. On Wednesday, I received a notification from UPS to notify me that they were opening an investigation, which they estimate will last 7-10 days. I guess this points to the package being in UPS possession on the truck to the first distribution facility, and we'll see what the next steps are once the investigation completes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Burton
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tee_Wrecks wrote:
Just thought I'd give an update for those that may be in the same boat. I received a response from Riot, updating my ticket to say that they would be forwarding my request to the shipping team. On Wednesday, I received a notification from UPS to notify me that they were opening an investigation, which they estimate will last 7-10 days. I guess this points to the package being in UPS possession on the truck to the first distribution facility, and we'll see what the next steps are once the investigation completes.

I've had the same issue with UPS misplacing or losing my package at the first location. Riot support informs me that they'll send a replacement copy but are unsure when they will be able to ship it out after the 10 day UPS investigation. Safe to say I'm a little bit salty with the situation.

Edit: Looks like UPS found my package. Was delivered this afternoon... blown away at the quality of these pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
UPS locating your package must have been a welcome relief. I received notice on Nov 8 from Riot claiming that the UPS investigation closed, and that my package was not received by the UPS warehouse. Riot said that a replacement would be sent out ASAP, and that I should be receiving a shipment notification. No progress update or shipping notification one week later.

I don't know if there was extra inventory set aside from the first run for replacing lost/damaged games, or if Riot is planning to ship as part of the next run. After having waited this long, having some of the errata corrections would be nice, but really just looking to have the game in hand soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.