Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I try to switch between 'pages' in the Quickbar on my iPhone (running Chrome browser version 54.0.2840.66, on iOS 10), I get the following:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
When I try to switch between 'pages' in the Quickbar on my iPhone (running Chrome browser version 54.0.2840.66, on iOS 10), I get the following:

That is iOS trying to treat a number in text as a phone number and offering to dial it for you.

Typically that happens when you tap on a text field that the app programmer has set as potentially containing a phone number. But I guess that it can happen if a browser "recognises" a URL as a phone number when you click on the link.

Given that the number is suspiciously like the entire quick bar, unless the quickbar option you are selecting is somehow corrupted to just a number, it looks to me like some kind of weird Chrome on iOS bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
churchmouse wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That is iOS trying to treat a number in text as a phone number and offering to dial it for you.

Typically that happens when you tap on a text field that the app programmer has set as potentially containing a phone number. But I guess that it can happen if a browser "recognises" a URL as a phone number when you click on the link.

Given that the number is suspiciously like the entire quick bar, unless the quickbar option you are selecting is somehow corrupted to just a number, it looks to me like some kind of weird Chrome on iOS bug.

Yeah, it's clear that iOS/Chrome think it's a phone number, but I've not had this issue on any other website, it's not a corruption issue because it's consistent across sessions, and I see no reason why it should be treating the whole string of numbers as one element, so my feeling is that it is something to do with how that part of the page is encoded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.