Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Would this fit on an airline tray table? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quick and easy question for folks with the game - would a 1 or 2 player set up of this game fit on a tray table on a plane? Flying from the US to the UK soon so I am looking for options to pass the time and this seems a good one if the footprint isn't too large.

So what do folks with the game think, could this work on a cattle class tray tble?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. There are multiple cards stacks and the enemy cards stretch out a ways. Also the game has die rolling; not something you could do on an airline tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Curses! Back to the drawing board. Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a custom, slotted, board, designed to hold the cards in place firmly, maybe. If you're experienced with woodworking, and have a jigsaw on hand, you might be able to rig something up. Otherwise? Probably not. The stacks of cards alone would make for a messy situation. There are travel dice rollers, which you could use... but it'd take some work.

Now, if you were up to making some trays, it might be an option. Still, there's a lot of parts, even in a normal game, and I'd be really worried about loosing pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I don't think so. Those things are really tiny!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might fit in the restroom. You could join the "mile high gaming club".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hell no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defnintely not. I can't even fit it on one "normal" size 1-player LCG playing mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
I will have to try at home to see, but there might be a way. Between the 2 trays and 2 knees, there might be a possibility to stack some of the cards and keep a certain visibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Wahlsten
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how much space it takes when I play solo, and it still gets cramped when the enemies start spawning en masse. So no, it won't fit on a tray table, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read a book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
HarlockHero wrote:
This is how much space it takes when I play solo, and it still gets cramped when the enemies start spawning en masse. So no, it won't fit on a tray table, sorry.

On this setup image, with only 2 players, what if:

- you remove the torch token (we know who is the 1st player each time)
- you make a stack of the 4 action card, tapped if used, untapped if available (that raises an issue with the success tokens though)
- you use a the round life counters from the bgg files section, instead of the hero card with damage tokens on it
- you make a stack of the engaged monsters
- you make a stack of the shadow zone monsters
- you put the discard monsters face up under the monsters deck
- you put the nemesis card over the scenario tile
- you stack the dungeon and equipment decks

I'm out of idea for now, but with some sacrifices on the readability of the board, I think something is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Wahlsten
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
HarlockHero wrote:

- you make a stack of the 4 action card, tapped if used, untapped if available (that raises an issue with the success tokens though)
- you use a the round life counters from the bgg files section, instead of the hero card with damage tokens on it
- you stack the the dungeon and equipment decks

Well, sure. But there are easier ways to entertain oneself on a plane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
HarlockHero wrote:

Well, sure. But there are easier ways to entertain oneself on a plane.

I share your point of view, but that's not what Jim asked about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be a blasphemous suggestion, but if either of you have a tablet/smart phone (though, tablet is recommended) you could purchase some board game apps.

Small World, Elder Sign and Galaxy Trucker are all pretty good. My partner and I especially enjoyed Small World on a recent trip, very true to the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Read a book.

I usually do, but travelling with family this time and looking for things to entertain more than just me. Already have some games that work, just curious about other options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
HarlockHero wrote:

I'm out of idea for now, but with some sacrifices on the readability of the board, I think something is possible.

Then, I think you basically have an unplayable game. There is too much stacked or hidden information to make correct choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
simondtaylor wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:
HarlockHero wrote:

Then, I think you basically have an unplayable game. There is too much stacked or hidden information to make correct choices.

Of course you will have to fiddle with these stacks of cards each time you need to assess a situation... But for example, tapping or untapping certain cards in those stacks can help with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cinos wrote:
It may be a blasphemous suggestion, but if either of you have a tablet/smart phone (though, tablet is recommended) you could purchase some board game apps.

Small World, Elder Sign and Galaxy Trucker are all pretty good. My partner and I especially enjoyed Small World on a recent trip, very true to the board game.

Amusingly, if we're going that far, I think there actually IS a mobile version of Warhammer Quest (not the ACG, but the original game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally absolutely prefer the cardboard version of most games, but yeah, on a flight is one of the perfect situations for tablet versions. I flew internationally about a month ago and I could not even visualize using the tray for anything but my peanuts, my book, and my Kindle. Plus if you drop a piece....I played a game at the car shop yesterday, but playing anything more than a small card game (like, Pairs) on a flight sounds like a bad experience.
But I played Elder Sign and Sentinels of the Multiverse (and, yes, candy crush saga) a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm ok wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:
Read a book.

Board game rule books are not long enough.

I know this is tongue in check, but I have lots of long rulebooks.

Or bring two.

Some old wargames like Central America have rulebooks that are actually interesting to read and study all on their own. It even has three books....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.