8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Doom on non-agenda cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
123 Fake Street
msg tools
mbmbmb
If any doom tokens are in play on non-agenda cards (player cards or enemies), these count toward the current doom total. If a card with doom on it is removed from play for any reason (e.g. destroyed) does the doom get destroyed as well? Or does it transfer to the current agenda?

IF it transfers to the current agenda instead of getting destroyed, is there any game-mechanics reason to place doom on non-agenda cards instead of on the current agenda?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules Reference page 14:
"If a card leaves play, the following consequences occur simultaneously with the card leaving play:
= All tokens on the card are returned to the token pool"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
SirRoke wrote:
Rules Reference page 14:
"If a card leaves play, the following consequences occur simultaneously with the card leaving play:
= All tokens on the card are returned to the token pool"

Can't you discard card form your play area at any time? Like if I wanted to play a 2 handed weapon I can discard the 1 handed item in my hand.. or if I want to cast a new accessory I can discard my current one.

Dose this mean if I had say an ally with a bunch of Doom on it, I could just discard it and all the doom on the ally would be discarded as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
No, you can't "just discard" cards from play at will.
They do not "block" their slots, so while you can overwrite them with something else using that slot, without such other card to do that, you can't just get rid of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
well, whatever... the question was if you discard the card to play another one in that slot.. dose the doom also get removed ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
well, whatever... the question was if you discard the card to play another one in that slot.. dose the doom also get removed ?

Interesting question - so, for example, play Alyssa, use her ability, player another ally (or have her killed off by damage). AFAIK, yes, the doom would go.

I've read about the Arcane Initiate being used and deliberately killed for that reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
That Doom gets removed then, yes. Being able to manipulate Doom with card play is pretty much the point of leaving Doom like that on other cards and not have it go straight to the agenda instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelvin C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
DayinDaLife wrote:

If you could play another card into that slot, then you could discard the card and also every token, including doom, on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.