Travis Wu
msg tools
So let's say we have multiple overgrowth powers in the monster power field. I'm assuming you get to pick multiple monster to act twice for every overgrowth in play? Conversely I'm also assuming multiple overgrowth don't instantly advance a minion to the power field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
yummypanda90 wrote:
So let's say we have multiple overgrowth powers in the monster power field. I'm assuming you get to pick multiple monster to act twice for every overgrowth in play? Conversely I'm also assuming multiple overgrowth don't instantly advance a minion to the power field.

1: "moves twice" from Overgrowth's text is neither multiplying nor adding actions, but setting the number of movements to two. So if there's just one monster and two Overgrowths, it'll move forward twice, not three or four times.
2: If targeting a certain monster will negate the Overgrowth's effect and another monster is available, you have to target the monster that will let Overgrowth's effect work. The two examples I can think of off the top are a) a monster is on the 3 space already and b) a monster is already being targeted by an Overgrowth and there are 2 Overgrowths in play.
3: Monsters act on their usual movement before moving again. So if a monster's on 2 it will move to 3, perform its 3 action, then move to the Monster Power Area. That's allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Wu
msg tools
So what if we say we have two monsters on space 1 and two overgrowths in play. Does one overgrowth trigger on one monster and the other overgrowth on the other or are they just redundant stacks where it only ever works on one valid target and the other copies are just there to continue the effect in case other overgrowths are removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
yummypanda90 wrote:
So what if we say we have two monsters on space 1 and two overgrowths in play. Does one overgrowth trigger on one monster and the other overgrowth on the other or are they just redundant stacks where it only ever works on one valid target and the other copies are just there to continue the effect in case other overgrowths are removed?

If there are two targets and two Overgrowths in play, the Overgrowths will advance separate targets. It's pretty bad news.
If there's just one Overgrowth you can pick which monster gets an extra move, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.