Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe» Forums » General

Subject: P500 Reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just pre-ordered a 2nd print of USE but there is still 31 more required before it reaches its P500 target. The more play through I watched on the Youtube, the sooner I wanted the game. The wait is becoming unbearable already only after a week.

Man, I need to cool down, may be praying will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already on the release schedule for February 2017
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow thank you, James! My prayer has been answered! That's exciting news to me! laugh

However, I don't see that anywhere on the GMT site. The game reprint is still under Not There Yet section. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
This is the only look at me you will get. The first hint the bad guy gets that I am nearby will be the sound of the torpedo coming out of his baffles with high up-doppler.
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT treeats reprints differently than games that are going through P500 for the first time. When they think they have a proven design that stimulates some real interest in the wargaming community, they will frequently do the reprint on an accelerated timeline. In the case of USE, the reprint has generated consistently strong numbers. Based on the demand, GMT has put it on the schedule for potential shipping in early 2017. You can see the tentative shipping schedule in the monthly ipdates on the GMT website.

Try not to bet the farm on the date holding. They frequently slide right. But based on demand for this game, it looks certain we'll see a reprint next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you, Jim. Great to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now go pre-order those mounted maps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williams
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWhit wrote:
Now go pre-order those mounted maps!

I heartily second this motion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sure thing without asking. Done and done! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT's latest update has the reprint on the schedule for April 2017, including mounted maps.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Why so late?

That basically means I can start playing around August next year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Boits Jr
United States
Chesterton
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be worth the wait! Now, then, about the Pacfic counterpart...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Beckett
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered mine + Maps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dougherty
United States
Maplewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but dues the second printing include the what if counters from c3i or if there is a manifest oh those counters in case I wanted to grab those from my old set? I like the idea of owning the tweaked maps and books/charts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
awdougherty wrote:
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but dues the second printing include the what if counters from c3i or if there is a manifest oh those counters in case I wanted to grab those from my old set? I like the idea of owning the tweaked maps and books/charts.

The counters from C3i were actually corrected counters for some misprinted ones that came in the boxed game. The boxed game already comes with all the counters, including What if.

What the USE2 will not come with is the Optional Rules booklet that came in C3i.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dougherty
United States
Maplewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
svasta wrote:
awdougherty wrote:

The counters from C3i were actually corrected counters for some misprinted ones that came in the boxed game. The boxed game already comes with all the counters, including What if.

What the USE2 will not come with is the Optional Rules booklet that came in C3i.

Sal

Very nice. Appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurtis Swekla
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
svasta wrote:
awdougherty wrote:

Sal

for those of us with the first print, how do I find out which counters were misprinted and what they should say on them so I can correct them without having to purchase the c31 or the 2nd print.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
doughboyca wrote:

for those of us with the first print, how do I find out which counters were misprinted and what they should say on them so I can correct them without having to purchase the c31 or the 2nd print.

thanks

Look at the USE Errata-Questions official file found in the Files section. The first page has the counters errata.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Beach
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this also was covered elsewhere, but are the mounted maps coming with the reprint, or do I need to also p500 them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kyletravels wrote:
Sorry if this also was covered elsewhere, but are the mounted maps coming with the reprint, or do I need to also p500 them?

You have to order them separately.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheeler
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the mounted maps be able to fit in the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mister allen wrote:
Will the mounted maps be able to fit in the box?

I don't know. I assume it will fit folded up. But I doubt they along with books, aids, counters (especially in counter trays) will all fit and allow the box to close completely. Odds are it will stick up a bit. Two folded, mounted maps are likely to take up a lot of depth.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own first edition, but have ordered the 2nd edition. Because the pre order cost is so low, it makes the choice easy compared to the cost of self printing the updated material. The mounted maps are unlikely to fit in the box, however, GMT ships them in a nice plastic ziplock bag. The bag is excellent for protecting the maps when they are stored away.

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ananda Gupta
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Does the 2nd edition include updated rules (e.g. the new Soviet collapse rules)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it will include all the errata, including some that I haven't posted yet. The stuff not posted are clarification changes, not mechanical.

Some examples were changed and new ones were added to help with learning the game. There are also a fair number of images to go along with the examples.

The back of the rulebook also has duplicated policies and conditional events rules for faster lookup.

The rulebook had to be lengthen to accommodate the changes, but I think it was worth it.

The one rulebook casualty from all the changes is that the examples in lavender boxes needed to lose those boxes. Instead, examples are in italics, which is the GMT standard.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Any update on the reprint schedule? meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.