Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Silver
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies for the bad pun. It was either that one or "don't lose your marbles!"

Quits is a fun little abstract strategy game for 2 or 4 players. Play usually lasts for 10 - 20 minutes.

Looks

The game has a typical "Gigamic" look: all components are wooden, which always looks nice. It's a nice game to put on your coffee table.

You receive a round wooden board, enough wooden squares to "fill" the board, and 4 different colours of wooden marbles. It all looks very nice. I'm not aware of deluxe versions or others, but it's quite possible they exist.
You can't go wrong with how it looks, I think.

Gameplay

The object of the game is to get three of your marbles to the opposite end of the board, where they will be removed. Both players start in a corner and have 5 marbles.

You can either move (your own) marbles or move entire rows of the wooden squares. Marbles can only be moved forward or diagonally to an empty square. If you want to move a row, you must "pick up" one end, and insert it (by sliding) on the other end. This cannot be done if a marble is on the picked up square. Also, you cannot undo a move by your opponent.

If, by moving a marble or row, one of your marbles end up in the opponent's starting corner, you may remove it. And as I said before: removing 3 is enough to win.

You can also play this game with 4 players. In that case, each player gets 3 marbles and must remove only one marble (in the opposite corner, of course).

Feel of the game

Despite having such easy rules, the game is really fun to play. It's not complicated, it's fast, you can teach it to everyone, and it requires more thinking than you would say after reading this review.

All in all, this is an enjoyable game for people who like this kind of abstract strategy. The 4 player game is especially fun. You might think that removing only one marble is easy, but think again.

So, in the end

Maybe not the best game you ever played, but certainly one to play again from time to time, sometimes 2 or 3 in a row. You might not always suggest this one, but if it's in view somewhere, somebody will want to play it sooner or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls