$30.00
Tom Laisure
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flick Em Up! Red Rock Tomahawk Expansion for $17.49 at CSI - http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/227155

BGG - https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/196114/flic...

I almost added this to a recent order, so I'm really glad I waited and was able to snag one at this price. Now starting a new hold order, but I'm sure it won't have any problem getting to $100 in upcoming holiday sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Ellis
United States
Diamond Springs
CA
flag msg tools
Sorry that my question isn't exactly related to this deal, but how exactly do you create a hold order. And more importantly, does this mean that I could accumulate a bunch of daily deals over time and pay for them at that sale price once I get above the shipping limit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Fields
United States
Cincinnati (I only do in person trades)
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mellis1 wrote:
Sorry that my question isn't exactly related to this deal, but how exactly do you create a hold order. And more importantly, does this mean that I could accumulate a bunch of daily deals over time and pay for them at that sale price once I get above the shipping limit?

EDIT: The below information is how hold orders work on Cardhaus, not CoolStuffInc. Sorry, I misread the thread initially.

Place your initial order like you would any other, paying for shipping. But in the comments indicate that you would like the order held. When you receive the order confirmation email, reply to it and again indicate that you would like the order held.

Then for future orders, again reply to your initial order confirmation email and ask that the items you wish to be added to your initial order be added. You are allowed to order as many daily deals as you like on one order. They will hold orders for up to 30 days (or longer if one of the items in the order is a pre-order). You will then be asked to pay for those orders immediately. Finally, when placing an order that will cause the total order amount to exceed the total free shipping requirement of $125, request that the previously paid shipping amount be deducted from the amount owed. So, for example, if you paid 11.99 in shipping and the last item costs 24.99, request to have the shipping deducted bringing your total owed to $13.

I like to indicate with every order that I still wish them to continue to hold the order until I wish them to send it so there is no chance for confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Ellis
United States
Diamond Springs
CA
flag msg tools
I think I get it. So, two more questions.

1) So it sounds like you have to order something within the next 30 days and then put it on hold again. And then order again within another 30 days from the 2nd order, and put it on hold again. And do this until you reach the limit (which for CSI I thought was $100). In which case, it could take a few months to build a full order. Or are you saying that after you place an initial order and put it on hold, you have 30 days to get it over the limit, although it could take multiple orders.

2) Suppose you combined three orders together and the shipping for each of them was $10 for a total of $30. If the final order is say $20, then that would mean that the order total actually goes down by $10, and all I would have to do is ask for the shipping from the previous three orders to be deducted? Do I understand that correctly. And also is CSI really OK with all of this?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Ellis
United States
Diamond Springs
CA
flag msg tools
So I did a little research and found this excellent post that answered all my questions. I thought I should post it for everyone else who had similar questions.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/192121/item/3934557#item3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Bonilla
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Avalaunch wrote:
mellis1 wrote:

Place your initial order like you would any other, paying for shipping. But in the comments indicate that you would like the order held. When you receive the order confirmation email, reply to it and again indicate that you would like the order held.

Then for future orders, again reply to your initial order confirmation email and ask that the items you wish to be added to your initial order be added. You are allowed to order as many daily deals as you like on one order. They will hold orders for up to 30 days (or longer if one of the items in the order is a pre-order). You will then be asked to pay for those orders immediately. Finally, when placing an order that will cause the total order amount to exceed the total free shipping requirement of $125, request that the previously paid shipping amount be deducted from the amount owed. So, for example, if you paid 11.99 in shipping and the last item costs 24.99, request to have the shipping deducted bringing your total owed to $13.

I like to indicate with every order that I still wish them to continue to hold the order until I wish them to send it so there is no chance for confusion.

This requirement that you described (30 day hold) is for Cardhaus only. Cool Stuff allows a hold order indefinitely (as does MM).
See the Geeklist that Mickey Ellis linked above for the great infomation between the OLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Fields
United States
Cincinnati (I only do in person trades)
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sugoi_tuffy wrote:
Avalaunch wrote:
mellis1 wrote:

This requirement that you described (30 day hold) is for Cardhaus only. Cool Stuff allows a hold order indefinitely (as does MM).
See the Geeklist that Mickey Ellis linked above for the great infomation between the OLGS.

Yeah I was just coming back to mention that I mistakenly thought this thread was about Cardhaus. Sorry about that to anyone I inadvertently misled. I'll update my initial post now as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.