Subject: Keeping track of enemy vitality/damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering what you use to keep track of the damage specific enemies have received. Do you have vitality tracks or counters for them?

I've found it easy to get confused when I have lots of higher-rank monsters (that don't die from a single hit) on a tile, especially when there are several of the same type and rank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
For the captains, I place the wound tokens on their base, if there are too many to use the Darkness board to keep track.

For mini-bosses, I usually just place a D10 on the monster card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very useful game accessory to have is a set of various sized poker chips in different colors. You can then put them under minis to track damage. That is what I use for non-bosses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a bunch of these markers from playing D&D and other RPG's. They'd probably do really well for Myth sized figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sibo
Australia
flag msg tools
Use the app on your iPad. It covers it pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this the first time it came up:
Sticky white stuff (UHU patafix) on the base for each damage. Works well, but it might get crowded for something with a lot of vitality. Also, it reminds me of bird droppings. So I'm interested in hearing about other solutions. Preferably something that stays with the mini, and isn't too easy to brush aside. I really like the poker chip idea for these reasons.

Sibowitz wrote:
Use the app on your iPad. It covers it pretty well.
Probably a good idea for someone who has one. (I don't, and prefer app-free boardgaming.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
I have some very small (8mm) six-siders that rest comfortably on the base of Captains. I got them at my FLGS on a lark many moons ago, but you can get them online at ( amazon link ).

For enemies with more than 6hp, we use an appropriately sized polyhedron (I have many d12s) and rest it on the enemy description card.

When my group first started with Myth, we solved differentiating the enemy health tracks by putting a colored gem on the base of the miniature in question and a second gem next to the linked health tracker on the Darkness board; this worked fine until we regularly started putting 2 lairs out.

Once we started to commonly have more than 3 enemies with health to track, it made sense to go into my box-o-dice for the small d6s and the d12s, and we've been doing that ever since.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
zogre wrote:
I have some very small (8mm) six-siders that rest comfortably on the base of Captains. I got them at my FLGS on a lark many moons ago, but you can get them online at ( amazon link ).
Cheers!

I do this too; Every model that can hold 1 die on its base gets one. Minibosses and Bosses get several on their statcard.

I was even able to get orange ones that match the colour of the d10s at my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I made some new trackers:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129326/myth-damage-tracks-...

The one with the colored markers works by placing the colored marker on the miniature and then using the corresponding track to mark damage.

The blank one works if you use miniature "rings" or some other way of marking the figures, by making that mark next to one of the tracks to match the corresponding miniature.

I usually don't have any problems, except when trying to keep track of Damage-over-time (DoT) which is usually added during the status effects step of the Refresh Phase. I have been putting a transparent red bingo chip further along the track from the damage marker to show that the monster will take a damage every Refresh Phase until it reaches that point. But, that gets tricky when new regular damage is taken by the monster (I must remember then to also move the DoT tracking chip further along the track), and especially when the monster is taking DoT from more than one attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they make colored Base Sleeves that match the APPs colors

Like the ones from Blood Rage:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Jude wrote:
I usually don't have any problems, except when trying to keep track of Damage-over-time (DoT) which is usually added during the status effects step of the Refresh Phase. I have been putting a transparent red bingo chip further along the track from the damage marker to show that the monster will take a damage every Refresh Phase until it reaches that point. But, that gets tricky when new regular damage is taken by the monster (I must remember then to also move the DoT tracking chip further along the track), and especially when the monster is taking DoT from more than one attack.

Since the only DoTs the heroes seem to apply are timed, we take a number of wound tokens equal to the duration and stack them on the current marker. The height makes them stand out and also acts as a timer that neatly moves if new instant damage is applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Typically there aren't many captains or higher on the board at once so I do the Merc thing and use blood tokens for damage and frozen tokens for DOT damage that will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Typically there aren't many captains or higher on the board at once
Maybe it's a problem that more frequently occurs during the later Slaughterfield waves than in other forms of the game. I recently ended up with two Muckers, a Stalker, a Soulless and Yardu during Wave 9 and almost got the two Muckers confused. Must have been twins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.