Subject: Third game in the series rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I read somewhere (possibly Interplay magazine?) that there was a third game planned for the series. Now I know it wasn't produced but does anyone know anything else about it?

Even if it's just a handful of notes, it would be interesting to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the following in Metagaming's Interplay magazine #6. Plans seemed to be sketchy:

Quote:
There is a third Microgame already planned for the Helltank series. We may do a four player Metagame version. Given the good response, i.e., "sales", you'll see a new item in this series about every nine months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stearns
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caracfergus wrote:
I read somewhere (possibly Interplay magazine?) that there was a third game planned for the series. Now I know it wasn't produced but does anyone know anything else about it?

Even if it's just a handful of notes, it would be interesting to see.

To the best of my knowledge a third Microgame (mentioned in Interplay 6) planned for the HELLTANK series never materialized... Phil Kosnett was the designer of Helltank and Helltank Destroyer, perhaps he might be able to shed a little light on the planned series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kosnett
United States
DPO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Thanks for asking! I don't recall any serious discussion of this between me and Metagaming (i.e., Howard Thompson commissioning a third game, which I would've been happy to produce) and Metagaming ceased operations pretty suddenly. Would have been easy enough to do: more map, more units, maybe a more elaborate electronic warfare module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who owns the rights for the Helltank series? Would it be possible to republish it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Sumner
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pkosnett wrote:
Thanks for asking! I don't recall any serious discussion of this between me and Metagaming (i.e., Howard Thompson commissioning a third game, which I would've been happy to produce) and Metagaming ceased operations pretty suddenly. Would have been easy enough to do: more map, more units, maybe a more elaborate electronic warfare module.

Wow, how'd I miss this. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you'd have included in a 3rd game in the series, as well as what you'd include if you were to produce the game today. Say, Helltank Returns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.