Subject: Official Teleporting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giuseppe Vecchione
Italy
Nocera Inferiore
Salerno
flag msg tools
- To use Teleporting, I spend 1 gem to activate the card PLUS 1 gem to every space I want move?
- Can I use Teleporting more times in 1 turn?

Sry for another topic for this card, but there are 1000000 different answares to these questions... OFFICIAL ANSWARES ONLY, PLEASE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foxmul84 wrote:
To use Teleporting, I spend 1 gem to activate the card PLUS 1 gem to every space I want move?

Yes.

foxmul84 wrote:
Can I use Teleporting more times in 1 turn?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the french comments in the official scenario "In the Clutches of the Picts" :
Monolith wrote:
Bonjour,
Le sort de Téléportation fonctionne de la manière suivante: Le lanceur de sort dépense 1 gemme sur la carte pour activer le sort, puis ajoute autant de gemmes que de zone qu’il souhaite parcourir, puis il déplace sa figurine dans la zone de destination.
Donc pour parcourir 2 zones il en coûtera au total 3 gemmes.
La Téléportation ignore le phénomène de gêne et la compétence Bloqueur.
Effectivement on peut parcourir plusieurs huttes en activant le sort de Téléportation mais ça coûte cher en gemmes

Quick & Dirty Google Translate wrote:
Hello,
The spell of Teleportation works as follows: The caster spends 1 gem on the map to activate the spell, then adds as many gems as areas it wishes to go, then he moves his figure in the destination area.
So for 2 zones it will cost a total of 3 gems.
Teleportation ignores hindering and the Blocker competence.
Sure you can browse several huts activating the spell Teleportation but it's expensive in gems

So yes and yes, correct on all counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Vecchione
Italy
Nocera Inferiore
Salerno
flag msg tools
Thanks! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim OConnor
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does teleporting count as movement? i.e. if you teleport first before using your free movement, do you lose your free movement?

The rules didn't say "The first movement action you perform", but rather "The first movement you perform". And, since teleport moves your character...it seems like this would force you to move before teleporting.

This comes up in the event you are hindered...you'd rather teleport 1 space away, THEN run away as it would take less movement to get further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingofTown wrote:
Does teleporting count as movement? i.e. if you teleport first before using your free movement, do you lose your free movement?

No, you don't lose your free move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:
KingofTown wrote:

Think of it this way: a "movement" action is one which requires movement points, not one which moves the character in another fashion (e.g. Teleport).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you teleport through hut walls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:
KingofTown wrote:

Why is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Can you teleport through hut walls?

Yes. Castle walls, too. LOS is not mandatory for teleporting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Pallantides wrote:
KingofTown wrote:

Why is that?

Performing another action on your turn doesnt lose you your free move. Performing an action in between using all of your free movement points loses you any remaining movement points.

So if you move 1 space, then teleport, any remaining FREE movement points would be gone.

But if you teleport, then decide to use free movement points, you have all available movement points to spend.

Keeping in mind of course you can always spend gems for extra movement points using the movement action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.