$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions after first play: Multiple counter attacks and guard token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Apo Y2k
Germany
flag msg tools
Disclaimer: I'm playing in german and thus translated the game-specific terms on my own, so they might not be accurate.

After our first playthrough, we were left with two questions that I couldn't quite figure out with just the rulebook:

1. Is it correct that, when a creature has a quick counter attack on its card, it can do a counter attack against EVERY SINGLE other melee attack that is targeted towards it, even it is has already moved / attackd itself (normal or a previous counter attack)?

2. When a creature takes the guard token, when is it removed? We assumed it would be just removed at the start of the round (when everything is reset to active). Because if not, the creature would have the guard token but still be able to move, which doesn't seem right... right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Winkelsträter
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. that is indeed correct. And maybe a reason why so few creatures do have a counterattack.

2. the guard token is removed at the start of its creatures activation, not at the beginning or end of the round. So you won't move with it (though you can move and guard again).
Of course there are other situations in which you remove the guard token, the most common being getting melee attacked, thus using it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Knecht Ruprecht wrote:
1. that is indeed correct. And maybe a reason why so few creatures do have a counterattack.

2. the guard token is removed at the start of its creatures activation, not at the beginning or end of the round. So you won't move with it (though you can move and guard again).
Of course there are other situations in which you remove the guard token, the most common being getting melee attacked, thus using it...

This is absolutely correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.