Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Dorton
United States
Norton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a Trog player attacks, and Loses and must retreat are they able to retreat to where a Trog War Party token is? We have been playing NO because they do NOT have control of the territory yet even if there is one of "their" war parties there .... but one player asked could we look into it.. and unless I'm overlooking it (which I could be) I don't see it specified in the rules. In other words... if a Trog player has NO Control markers in any adjacent areas, and only Trog War party tokens and they must retreat do they lose the units... OR if adjacent areas have Trog War Party tokens can they retreat there? I feel like we have been playing right.. because retreating specifies having "Control" I don't think the trog player has control just because trog war party tokens are there.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 4 player game, the Trogs follow the same retreating rules as everyone else. Retreat to a controlled region (Trog control in this case), or if none, return miniatures to the player's reserve.

Nests are only placed on retreat in a 2 and 3 player game, you do not place nest on retreat in a 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
In a 4 player game, the Trogs follow the same retreating rules as everyone else. Retreat to a controlled region (Trog control in this case), or if none, return miniatures to the player's reserve.

Nests are only placed on retreat in a 2 and 3 player game, you do not place nest on retreat in a 4 player game.

James is absolutely correct thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rderderian wrote:

I think sometimes we are reading more into this game and should follow exactly what is stated. I think I have done this with some of my questions.

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
Just to confirm, in a 2-3 player game, you can wind up, due to Trog retreats, have 2 or more nests in an area due to retreats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rderderian wrote:
Just to confirm, in a 2-3 player game, you can wind up, due to Trog retreats, have 2 or more nests in an area due to retreats?

Yup, there is no limit to how many Nests or War Party tokens you can have in an area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules, IIRC, say adjacent unoccupied Region.

Basically, they don't state you cannot add more than one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
That is the way we played it. They retreated into another nest. So we had 2 nests in the region. At some point you could have a territory that no one is willing to attack due to too many Trogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dorton
United States
Norton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the nests are not used, but the trog war party tokens are they not set up as normal for a 4 player game? What I'm kinda needing to know is when you retreat you have to retreat to an adjacent area that YOU control... are trogs able to retreat to a territory that has a Trog War part (not nest) since they are set up all over the map from the start ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BBBD77 wrote:
I know the nests are not used, but the trog war party tokens are they not set up as normal for a 4 player game? What I'm kinda needing to know is when you retreat you have to retreat to an adjacent area that YOU control... are trogs able to retreat to a territory that has a Trog War part (not nest) since they are set up all over the map from the start ?

In a 4 player game the Trogs follow the same retreating rules as all other factions. They must retreat to an adjacent region they control (contains a Trog Control marker) A region with a Trog Nest or War Party, but no Control marker is NOT controlled by the Trogs and therefore not a valid target for retreat. If there is no legal region for retreat, like the other factions the Trog minis are returned to their reserve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.