49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear designer team, first of all, great design! We love it

Let's say Elisa casts her grand theater and then makes a blink:

1) she cannot use left over action points for the red numbers
2) she can play cards with the special icon to increase red numbers up to 6
3) but she cannot divide the value of on hero card on both the theater and blink, she has to play 2 separate hero cards to boost both abilities, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnny_Bravo wrote:
Dear designer team, first of all, great design! We love it

Nice to hear that you like it. It took quite a while to fine tune it.

Quote:

Let's say Elisa casts her grand theater and then makes a blink:

1) she cannot use left over action points for the red numbers

Yep. True. Leftover points are only to be used for movement after all of your specials that you want to do are used up.

Quote:

2) she can play cards with the special icon to increase red numbers up to 6

Yes. That is true. "Lava Spray" is your friend. Just on Saturday helped me to blink away.

Quote:

3) but she cannot divide the value of on hero card on both the theater and blink, she has to play 2 separate hero cards to boost both abilities, right?

Very true. You can never divide any cards between two different parts of any action. So, you'd need two cards. Tricky, ain't it? And yet not
overly complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh?

You can never Use Action points for boosting special abilities?

So for example I cannot Use Action points for Aisha's Blood Rite to increase the damage?

I cannot Use Action points to increase the range of Neshilim's Bless?

I cannot Use Action points to increase the spaces enemies are pushed when using Simma's Banish?

I must have missed a very important paragraph in the rulebook. ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Baginski
Germany
49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
Huh?

You can never Use Action points for boosting special abilities?

So for example I cannot Use Action points for Aisha's Blood Rite to increase the damage?

I cannot Use Action points to increase the range of Neshilim's Bless?

I cannot Use Action points to increase the spaces enemies are pushed when using Simma's Banish?

I must have missed a very important paragraph in the rulebook. ..

There are only a few things that can be boosted by action points, mostly movement only and for example the attack at the attack only space, but only for the 2:1 ratio, all other attacks for example can only be boosted by specific attack cards. Just in case you missed that too

I have to mention, that also for us it was not completely clear from the beginning. I know it is hard to write a good rulebook, but I think this could be even more clear in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the rules for the third time now. Even now, I read it that you can boost anything with Action points. THE only important thing to remember is, that circeled symbols work with a 2:1 ratio.

Timo, we need you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Baginski
Germany
49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
I have read the rules for the third time now. Even now, I read it that you can boost anything with Action points. THE only important thing to remember is, that circeled symbols work with a 2:1 ratio.

Timo, we need you.

You are right in the sense, that it does not say "you can't do this", rather on page 16+17 each action is explained in detail and only where it explicitly says you can spend %AP% for something, e.g.

It says you can spend %AP% for movement, but NOT for your attack.

This makes sense to us from a balancing point of view, because if you could spend %AP% for attack on charge 1:1, some characters would be overly good at fighting, maybe even better than Bastian, while they shouldn't be.

But, yeah, would be nice if Timo could clarify this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruymán
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Beckikaze wrote:

Timo, we need you.

Ok, I´ll try to explain this better. From page 14 of rulebook:

1. Begin your turn by gaining action points equal to your attribute.

Which means that at the beginning of your turn you gain Action Points.

2. You then spend [Action Points] to move your hero peg on the Stone of Destiny, which determines your action for the round

With essentially means you can use those to select a new hole to place your peg.

But sadly, that's all.

The selected action then may allow you to spend your left-over Action Points to gain some benefit. Otherwise, that's pretty much it. You are NOT allowed to use your Action Points for anything unless the chosen action spoke explicitly says it.

For instance, during the Move action you can use your remaining Action Points to move (page 16 of rulebook).

However you cannot spend Action Points to boost Special abilites.

You cannot use your Action Points to improve your attack either, The notorious exception being the Attack Spoke, where you can use half of your action points (also in page 16) to raise your Attack attribute. As a reminder, the Stone of Destiny have a circle drawn in that spoke. But Charge, Bash & Aimed Shot do not include the option to spend action points to improve your attack (see page 17). Therefore, you have no action points boost there (and no circle neither).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is official?

Timo? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
This is official?

Timo? surprise

Ruymán is as official as me, trust him. He is absolutely correct.
If you spend left over AP elsewhere, that would be cheating
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks. Time to restart the campaign then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
Ok thanks. Time to restart the campaign then.

On level 1 it makes no difference. But on 2 and 3 it actually does make quite a difference, so continue from there if you want to be thorough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Eridis wrote:
Beckikaze wrote:
This is official?

Timo? surprise

Ruymán is as official as me, trust him. He is absolutely correct.
If you spend left over AP elsewhere, that would be cheating

Ruymán == Kjaha?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruymán
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
rpvt wrote:
Ruymán == Kjaha?

Indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.