Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong - but let's say I pledge for x1 regular copy at $20+$12 shipping = $32 = £27~

Given that all the other Tiny Epic games are available through retailers at £15-18 - why would I back?

I get that backing helps the project get made (but that's happening anyhow) and I'll get it a bit earlier but is that worth the extra £10?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Herodier
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we should start a UK group pledge...?

I'm already backing it, but would happily drop it for a group pledge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:
Given that all the other Tiny Epic games are available through retailers at £15-18 - why would I back?

I get that backing helps the project get made (but that's happening anyhow) and I'll get it a bit earlier but is that worth the extra £10?

You've got that exactly right. If you can get it through your FLGS or OLGS later easily, and you're prepared to wait a bit longer, then you shouldn't back.

There is one difference between the retail version and the Kickstarter version, which is the deluxe content (and namely here, the Golden Mushroom Quest, whatever that is exactly).

Whether that's worth it for you or not is something only you can decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong - but let's say I pledge for x1 regular copy at $20+$12 shipping = $32 = £27~

If 10 people back, the total would be $275 = $27.50 p/person = £22.60 per person each. £5 saving, but then you have to meet up etc... to get it. So not a great saving that way either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Herodier
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm yeah...

I think I might drop my pledge now :|
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course given the UK£ nosedive, there's a good chance that it will retail closer to £25 by the time it actually comes out.
Given that a $25 graphic novel is now retailing at about £21.99. Of course who knows what the exchange rate will be doing in 9 months or so.

Most game shops I've been to have been warning that they are mostly selling stuff they bought in before the referendum and that prices are beginning to rise. Fanboy3 (iirc) have outright stated that the wholesale prices they are now paying are about equal to the retail prices from 3 months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
Disclaimer: Not an actual cat
badge
50 Shades of Fur
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any retail backers in the UK? They could handle the distribution through preorders, if you're not into group pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I jumped on this Kickstarter as soon as it went live, and now, after all these "stretch goals" I'm tempted to drop my pledge. Gamelyn Games have confirmed that everything unlocked so far will be available at retail with the exception of the Deluxe Golden Mushroom expansion. So here in the UK we're paying $4 + $12 for three cards and some tokens.

Right now i'm going to wait and see what else gets unlocked but talk about the "box getting full" doesn't inspire me with confidence. Imagine how a CMON Kickstarter would pan out if they played that card! Lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking the same thing. dropping my backing and waiting for retail. also then I see if it any good or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.