Subject: Tile joins in the October 29th Facebook update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On their Facebook page in the update for October 29th Ares shows us pictures of map tiles 21-24. The thing that caught my attention is that between them these tiles have 10 socket connections and 0 plug connections.

I'm hoping this indicates that they've changed all tiles to exclusively socket connections with a presumed set of "small double headed plug pieces" to join them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
On their Facebook page in the update for October 29th Ares shows us pictures of map tiles 21-24. The thing that caught my attention is that between them these tiles have 10 socket connections and 0 plug connections.

I'm hoping this indicates that they've changed all tiles to exclusively socket connections with a presumed set of "small double headed plug pieces" to join them.

I didn't notice that, but you're right. Having a set of connectors would certainly make map building more flexible in the long run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those pictures look great, hopefully when we have the physical copy, it'll be easier to figure out which lines are crossable and which ones aren't.
The artwork itself is impeccable! Really dig the fences on the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
main question is...When are we going to be getting it?.it was supposed to be out by now..but still no firm date on the shipping date...but why am I surprised its a kickstartershake
its all very well showing us the game which has been happening for months now.at various shows around the world.but we have had virtually no info about estimated shipping dates for us backers.
just another thing guys.[I think this as been mentioned a few times in the past]..not everyone uses Sadbook.and shouldn't game info be going on the KS page before Sadbook?

all in all the game looks great.but would like to be kept up to date

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
main question is...When are we going to be getting it?.it was supposed to be out by now..but still no firm date on the shipping date...but why am I surprised its a kickstartershake
its all very well showing us the game which has been happening for months now.at various shows around the world.but we have had virtually no info about estimated shipping dates for us backers.
just another thing guys.[I think this as been mentioned a few times in the past]..not everyone uses Sadbook.and shouldn't game info be going on the KS page before Sadbook?

all in all the game looks great.but would like to be kept up to date

I think the Facebook/KS issue comes down to this: Ares does the Kickstarter, Gremlins do the Facebook page. And Gremlins never sleep, but they seem not to be able to post KS updates (presumably because they're not Ares).

As regards shipping dates: My best bet is they don't know either. It seems between the stretch goals and Ares'/Gremlins' quality control, mass production of the minis hasn't really started, has it? So, to be honest, I personally don't expect the project to ship before March next year (though I could be wrong and the game gets here much faster).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're still doing updates on the KS, usually one week after the FB update.

I don't use FB either, but we can still check the updates over there. Updating FB makes sense for them in trying to reach more players that aren't already backing the project. I'd like them to do both updates at the same time, but can manage the current situation too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:

Might be. OTOH all tiles shown are rooms. So maybe all rooms have sockets and all corridors have plugs? If they add some 2x2 'rooms' with corridor graphics that would provide pretty much the same flexibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.