$35.00
Kyle Massey
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaden's Havoc Call has the following text, "Attack at range 4 or greater do not hit you.", bolded.

Does bolded text take effect on reveal?

Meaning, even if he loses out on speed on a strike this text will still be in effect?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the card in front of me so cannot comment on the bold font. But to answer your question it always takes effect. So in your example if your opponent has a higher speed at range 4 then they will not hit you, even if you have not resolved your own attack yet.

A good example of the trigger thing is one of Gabrek's cards which is like block? Again apologies do not have my cards in front of me to confirm. It has an after effect that cancels the armor on the card. So this one is special in that if Gabrek is faster than his opponent he loses his armor, making this good against fast attacks and not slow ones. This is a good example of a triggered versus continuous effect.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogey Man
msg tools
The way we play this is that we assume the text on attacks that doesn't have timing triggers(Before, hit, after)are active throughout the strike of both players.

Also, Havoc Call is pretty good with the Double charge executioner's boost that increases your range by 2. You can hit back up to range 5 and still be invulnerable to any attack as long as you are within 4+ range. Perfect for fending off those high damage long-ranged Ultras.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.