Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting back into Myth in anticipation of the Journeyman content arriving, and am finishing off the final act in the Heart of Darkness story that I last played in March.

And once again I am trying to get head around the Trickster. She has a spanner, which allows her to roll her FD at the start of the Hero Cycle to try to get a part from the discard pile. She also has the Tool Bag, which says "Attack: +2 FD," but also has the "Buff" keyword. The rules for Buff say, "Items with this keyword may be added to a Hero's dice pool."

Does the Buff mean I can add +2 FD to any roll, including the start of HC roll, even though they are listed as Attack? I'm not sure how the two keywords interact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only add those 2FD to rolls made when you do something that has the Attack keyword. Your start-of-HC roll does not have that keyword, so no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so the point of Buff keyword is that it can be added to an Attack without counting against the limit of one item played? I was hung up on the function of Buff.

In any case, my Trickster just got lucky a loot draw and now has the Shroud of Xa'andria, which adds 1 FD to all rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a MegaCon video where one of the designers plays the Trickster which is quite interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.