Merchants & Marauders: Seas of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Weather spinner rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conny S
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Can you use your free movement from the weather spinner even if you already used all of your regular action points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Page 7, Seas of Glory, Inset photo (emphasis added)
Quote:
Example: The Weather Spinner lands on NW. Red has a rumor in the Caracas Sea-Zone so she decides that it is worth it to sail against the wind to the SE spending 2 actions. A third action is spent attempting the rumor but it fails. Red's turn would be over, but she decides that returning to The Caribbean Sea Sea-Zone makes sense, so she spends a free action moving back NW with the wind direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny S
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Great, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And in a related aside - I hate the way that my spinner (doesn't) work so much that I replaced it with a blank d8 with the wind directions written on it in Sharpie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
And in a related aside - I hate the way that my spinner (doesn't) work so much that I replaced it with a blank d8 with the wind directions written on it in Sharpie.

Agree. Any ideas as to how to improve the spinning are much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamiri wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Agree. Any ideas as to how to improve the spinning are much appreciated.

Take the spinner apart and look for any burrs or rough edges on the plastic that might be rubbing or catching when it's spun, then use a nail file or an Exacto knife or something along those lines to trim/smooth any rough spots you find. That may not fix it completely, but should improve things considerably.

When you put it back together, also make sure that the round bottom piece is seated properly in the cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.