Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Conan Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
How does this Conan game compare to the new Conan game coming out by Monolith, as both are board games with miniatures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Conan is over the entire life of Conan. It's a dudes on a map game, with each player taking a kingdom through the ages of Conan. Manipulating Conan's adventures is critical to winning.

Conan by Monolith is a single tactical miniature fight per game, that sticks to the original canonical stories in it's content. It pits an "Overlord" versus all the other players.

Very different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both. They are different games. Comparing them would be like comparing Risk (Age of Conan) with Zombicide (Monolith's Conan).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Cheers for the reply and that has given me something to go on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW: I like both. Age of Conan is complex and requires some commitment to break over the hump of learning to enjoying. The expansion addressed some of the issues with play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.