Subject: Looking for adhesive material to mount boards and chits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen some threads that recommend the use of adhesive vynil to mount PNP boards. It's a cheap, handy and sturdy material, that is originally used in floors.

I tried to buy it in the local shops (general stores like Brico or more specialized ones), but always got the same answer: due to quality issues, the distribution of that kind of material has been discontinued shake

So my question is the following: what alternative would fellow BGGers recommend, that I could easily buy in or around the Brussels region?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
3M Global sells to Belgium. 3M Spray adhesives are some of the best I have used. The industrial strength is expensive, but I always have a can in the garage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolvehunde wrote:
3M Global sells to Belgium. 3M Spray adhesives are some of the best I have used. The industrial strength is expensive, but I always have a can in the garage.

Thanks for the tip, but I have two issues:
- I would prefer avoiding the use of spray, because I don't have a lot of space (in/outdoors) to start spraying stuff
- I would still need to find the sturdy vynil-like material itself to mount the boards

Adhesive vynil would solve both problems in one go, which is why I was interested in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolvehunde
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
vinyl stick tiles used for flooring tends to bend /warp and even break real easy. I used some 12x12 stick tiles to make some zombicide boards from the files section, a stack of 20 tiles is really heavy, and the adhesive glue used on the stick tiles has bled through/stained the cardstock in places over a years time, also dropped one and the corner broke off already.

The best bet is to go to a thrift store, buy a used board game for the gameboard and spray it with 3M or use contact cement in the can and mount your cardstock overlay over it. You can then buy clear lamination in the rolls used for cabinet liner and cover the top of the board.

Just some Ideas, suggestions. meeple

Good luck with your project

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably not exactly what you're looking for but I just bought a square meter of transparent clear acryl (mica?) from Brico which I put over paper boards to hold them down. The 2mm variant seems to do the trick.
This way you only have to keep one sheet of the stuff and the pile of flimsy paper boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Baert
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a student I used double sided adhesive sheets (70cm x 100cm) to mount paper sheets on cardboard - it's a lot better than spray glue which tends to lose after a while. You should be able to buy it in a shop for artist materials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2mm foam board + adhesive spray + a roller cutter is my go-to method for creating boards. All available in craft stores like Lucas (Flanders) or Schleiper (Brussels)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.