Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized.
mbmbmbmbmb
My group wants copies of Port Royal, and aside from gamesurplus @$20, there are no domestic retailers for this game. I would like to order from Amazon.de, but would like to make a larger order. For people who regularly order from Amazon.de, what games are you purchasing from Germany that aren't (or won't be) available in the States? Chances are that I have heard about the games in Essen 2015 recaps and Essen 2016 previews (or of any age) but I haven't tracked what games do not have an English publisher. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently placed an order and got Port Royal and its expansion plus:

Palaces of Cararra

Key to the City London (Yes, it coming to the US but through a Game Salute KS which I refuse to support.)

Las Vegas Boulevard (The expansion to Las Vegas which is apparently never getting US dist.)

The Jewelry box expansion for Rococo which may be coming here, but who knows when.

The latest Istanbul expansion. 'Cause I'm impatient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought books using Amazon.de -- never had any problem with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jeff. I've heard good things...

Some things I've identified that make the order worthwhile are Ubongo 3D and Wir Sind das Volk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought games from Amazon.de several times, no problems at all. Delivery to Australia was about 2 weeks, which is average.
Many parts of the site are available in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Jones
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Each time that I've attempted to use it there appears an italicized message stating that there is no delivery to the United States. Does anyone else run into this?Is there a workaround?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends on what you're trying to order and whether it's something sold directly by Amazon or by one of the Marketplace traders.

Also, everything offered at a bargain can typically only be ordered if your given residence is in Germany, since these are localized promotions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Wassen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:

Key to the City London (Yes, it coming to the US but through a Game Salute KS which I refuse to support.)

There's a link between R&D and Game Salute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just buy it from amazon.com

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ICF0IMK?tag=article-boardgame...

That's where I got my copy and the expansion (expansion currently looks sold out from that seller).

All told it was $32 for base game and expansion delivered from EU to the states. Totally worth it, the game is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...to get back on topic, when you ordered from Amazon.de, what did you order? Just wondering what games you can't get from American OLGS that would require an order from Amazon.de.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've ordered a lot of smaller filler games from Amigo and Ravensburger.

Recently we got Schwupps, Noch Mal!, Bohnanza: Das Duell, but further back I think Legends, Kuhhandel Master, Kerala, Lunte, R-Eco(Amigo version), Der Isses!, and Wurfel Bohnanza.

Noch Mal and Schwupps are both really light but my wife and I thought they were both really fun.

We've never had a problem with delivery, and sometimes even if it looks like they won't ship to America, if you change the view to see different sellers and put the items in your cart, you might hit on one that does.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.