$30.00
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Really 60 minutes or less? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw the official play-through, with only 3 players, and it goes over 90 minutes. Can a 4 player game reasonably be expected to play in under 60 minutes? (15 minutes per player.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon Gets Games includes a lot of rules explanations and gameplay decision exposition during the playthrough. I think if you cut all that out, you'd probably be well under an hour.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to watch this. For such a simple game it sound insane that there would be over 30 minutes of game play explanation or what 40 or 50 to make it "well under" an hour?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
I need to watch this. For such a simple game it sound insane that there would be over 30 minutes of game play explanation or what 40 or 50 to make it "well under" an hour?

He explains almost every decision he makes during the game and intersperses that with rules clarifications and/or restatements. This inflates the play time quite a bit, but is necessary given his playthrough format, which is somewhat similar to the Rahdo format where a single person is playing for multiple players.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
ebridge wrote:
I just saw the official play-through, with only 3 players, and it goes over 90 minutes. Can a 4 player game reasonably be expected to play in under 60 minutes? (15 minutes per player.)


What makes you think the JonGetsGames video is an official play-through?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sygyzy wrote:
ebridge wrote:
I just saw the official play-through, with only 3 players, and it goes over 90 minutes. Can a 4 player game reasonably be expected to play in under 60 minutes? (15 minutes per player.)


What makes you think the JonGetsGames video is an official play-through?


Well it's featured on their KS as "watch this to see how it's played" type wording from the creators. Seems semi official. My disappointment in the video is the amount of rule blunders he makes. Makes me question if Jose actually does get games. He should do a 2nd without the mistakes, would serve them better or do it themselves and ditch that video.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.