Hide
10 Posts

Alchemists: The King's Golem» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are golem test results public knowledge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Morton
msg tools
This came up in another thread. The library-book results in the app show the chosen ingredient, so they clearly aren't meant to be shown to the other players, but the golem-test result screen doesn't have any ingredient information on it. Are the results of tests on the golem supposed to be public knowledge, like base-game tests, or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
since it wasn't mentioned in the rule you would actually share this, I'd say no. That's how we played it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matúš Kotry
Slovakia
--
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you don't show golem test result to your opponents.

Such information would not have much value for them anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksi Hynönen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ko3matus wrote:

I suppose this is also answers the question whether you can use the periscope to spy golem tests. How about animating? I guess no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RolexiH wrote:
ko3matus wrote:

I suppose this is also answers the question whether you can use the periscope to spy golem tests. How about animating? I guess no.

I don't have the card in front of me, but if the periscope card text specifically mentions "potion" then I would say it can't be used with any Golem tests.

As for showing the animation result, since animating has an audio component I'd say yes. It's fun to share the anticipation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
bryanwinter wrote:
As for showing the animation result, since animating has an audio component I'd say yes. It's fun to share the anticipation.

Animating the golem clearly has to be revealed because it affects the board (you move your golem-activity marker to the top line, indicating that you get points during the second conference / end of game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksi Hynönen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanwinter wrote:

I don't have the card in front of me, but if the periscope card text specifically mentions "potion" then I would say it can't be used with any Golem tests.

I meant spying an ingredient used in the golem animation with the periscope but it's true that the card says you can only use it when someone is selling or testing a potion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
RolexiH wrote:
I meant spying an ingredient used in the golem animation with the periscope but it's true that the card says you can only use it when someone is selling or testing a potion.

Animating the golem doesn't use ingredient cards. How would the periscope work, physically? There's nothing going to the discard pile to peek at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
This came up in another thread. The library-book results in the app show the chosen ingredient, so they clearly aren't meant to be shown to the other players, but the golem-test result screen doesn't have any ingredient information on it. Are the results of tests on the golem supposed to be public knowledge, like base-game tests, or not?

We do it public, also you could do it both ways... But unless they can guess which ingredients you took, the information is completely useless (contrary to other experiments).

With the golem there is no GOOD or BAD results : every result gives you just as much information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osuniev wrote:
With the golem there is no GOOD or BAD results : every result gives you just as much information.

There are good or bad pairs of results, though. E.g., getting the same result from two different tests is bad for figuring out how the golem works, but good for figuring out the alchemicals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.