$30.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Factory Fun» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Pillar! or Do we look like the two dumbest guys in the world to you? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin V
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sooo, this should be short and sweet.

I am assuming that the function of the pillar is to be a space that can't be built on, but since the instructions simply tell me to place a pillar token on the pillar space for setup and then never mention it again I would like to think that it is a grand secret or vast conspiracy.

So, the pillar, how does it work? I am thinking I can just leave the additional bits in the box since the pillar space is already marked on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It holds up the ceiling, which is a good thing in a factory.

Additionally, the bit tells people what color you are so when they look at the scoreboard they can match it.

And also, yes, you can;t build there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pillar tokens just highlight player colours and remind you not to build on this spot. So yeah, they aren’t necessary at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
With the prototypes some players couldn't resist building over the pillar space. (Also because there was no pillar in earlier prototypes.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.