$30.00
$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Olga
msg tools
Hello, everyone. We've been playing BSG for a while now, but never tried New Caprica setting. And a question arose suddenly, and I couln't find a solution for it in the rules. It is always stated that the occupation forces can be destroyed, and when they are destroyed, they are removed from the game board. When they destroy the civilian ship, they are also removed from the game board.
And the line that confused me, said that if you run out of those tokens, you can't place any new ones, as usual. But how can you actually run out of them? Does the destroyed word means they can never come back? So there are only 4 of them, they kill 4 civilian ships and that's it? Or humans kill 4 of them and that's it? I dont quite understand. Please help )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only 4, so you can't add one to the track if all of them are already on the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Locutus Zero
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
It means there can only be four on the board at once, just as there can only be two basestars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olga
msg tools
So they cant be in any way removed from the game, correct? There are always 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. It is similar to destroying a Basestar. It is removed, but can always be placed back later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olga
msg tools
Thanks a lot for clearing this out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anirel wrote:
Hello, everyone. We've been playing BSG for a while now, but never tried New Caprica setting. And a question arose suddenly, and I couln't find a solution for it in the rules. It is always stated that the occupation forces can be destroyed, and when they are destroyed, they are removed from the game board. When they destroy the civilian ship, they are also removed from the game board.
And the line that confused me, said that if you run out of those tokens, you can't place any new ones, as usual. But how can you actually run out of them? Does the destroyed word means they can never come back? So there are only 4 of them, they kill 4 civilian ships and that's it? Or humans kill 4 of them and that's it? I dont quite understand. Please help )
"Destroyed" in this game isn't exactly as permanent as we tend to think of it. Case in point is even "destroyed" vipers can be returned to the game through in game effects (e.g. Ragnar Anchorage dest. card, Miraculous Return Crossroads card from Exodus set). Ditto with "destroyed Raptors". And Daybreak's Assault Raptors. The disambiguation is that "destroyed" cylon ships come back much more easily is all

Another expansion related note is the Mission cards in Daybreak... some effects permanently remove cylon ships, but they'll explicitly instruct you to do this. It won't just say "destroyed".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.