Subject: Timing Questions - Manager Actions - Need Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So something for the Errata/FAQ:
Timing issues - we ran into an issue on our Campaign where we were using the manager to help the doorman. The manager used the 2 actions to roll 4 dice, but here's the rub, being the doorman earlier I had put the Golden Wings on 2 patrons already, does the Manager only get to roll with my remaining 3 dice? Rules as written say he rolls four dice, so we just marked the one Patron as having the Golden Wings and used all 4.

Same scenario - During the roll the Manager is helping the doorman, what happens if the MANAGER rolls the Golden Wings? We weren't sure and we didn't want to totally break the laws of reality so we didn't let it go through.

Doorman Refill - When the manager uses his actions to let people in, do the remaining people from the Overflow come up immediately or do you need to wait until it's the doorman's turn to let those come up?

Manager Action Skipping those in Line - When you use the Manager action to either Advance the Doorman, or Pour Drinks at the bar, do patrons get upset if you skip those? Do you follow the same steps as you would if you were playing "As the Doorman/Bartender" or are you doing only just those actions (This question would also probably answer the whole "Line refill" of the doorman's overflow.

Phew that's all the questions we've come up with that I can think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: Timing issues - we ran into an issue on our Campaign where we were using the manager to help the doorman. The manager used the 2 actions to roll 4 dice, but here's the rub, being the doorman earlier I had put the Golden Wings on 2 patrons already, does the Manager only get to roll with my remaining 3 dice? Rules as written say he rolls four dice, so we just marked the one Patron as having the Golden Wings and used all 4.

A: You played this part correct. Label the winged patron any way needed to free up the dice you need until you have completed your roll, then return the die/dice. Additionally, if the manager rolls golden wings he may lock it on a patron card just as he would if we were the doorman. Careful though with the wing lock, the more dice that get jammed up in the club leave less dice for the doorman to use on getting new patrons in the club!

Q: Doorman Refill - When the manager uses his actions to let people in, do the remaining people from the Overflow come up immediately or do you need to wait until it's the doorman's turn to let those come up?

A: The overflow gets moved up at the end of the doorman's turn and at the end of the manager's turn if the manager was working the door for at least one action.

Q: Manager Action Skipping those in Line - When you use the Manager action to either Advance the Doorman, or Pour Drinks at the bar, do patrons get upset if you skip those? Do you follow the same steps as you would if you were playing "As the Doorman/Bartender" or are you doing only just those actions (This question would also probably answer the whole "Line refill" of the doorman's overflow.

A: Yes, skipping penalties are still imposed regardless of who is executing the action. Skipping is skipping and patrons don't take to kindly to it. The only exception would be if the manager is serving a drink to William Yorke. See thread discussing this here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1663570/william-yorke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magicman6173 wrote:
Q: Doorman Refill - When the manager uses his actions to let people in, do the remaining people from the Overflow come up immediately or do you need to wait until it's the doorman's turn to let those come up?

A: The overflow gets moved up at the end of the doorman's turn and at the end of the manager's turn if the manager was working the door for at least one action.

This reply brought up another question in my mind that I think has come up in our group (and I'm part of Reklawyad's group). If you let in the patrons immediately before a regular, does the regular follow along, or does he just move up at the end of the doorman's turn to the front of the line and move in the next turn? We have played that they follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless it's the Regular that can't get in the club, they would follow and automatically enter the club.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
Unless it's the Regular that can't get in the club, they would follow and automatically enter the club.

Correct, as soon as they get to the first slot in the queue they gain entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.