Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
I recently bought PM through the store on their official page.
Anybody know when will the game be shipped?

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm still waiting for my late pledged game. I hope they'll send it soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone except for those, who had the trade-fair delivery are waiting. No worry. Plus unlike them you should have all the content in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've heard something about packaging trouble.
I'm not worried about the waiting, I just wanted to know what the "shipping status" was: are they still waiting to receive the printed copies? That means they will have to get it and then send to me my copy.
Just to get an idea and think about a possible (personal)ETA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Yep. There were a few components missing and it took much longer than we anticipated (or wanted) locate where these misplaced components actually are.

We should be able to give you a definitive schedule in a day or two.

And yes, this will mean that everything shipping will be full copies with no missing components.

Lastly, we surely apologise this delay. PM is "slightly" (too) complex product to pack and we should have made PM retail one box and *all* PM extras to another box. But as we all know, hindsight is powerful way to look smart - but never in time when it would have mattered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be placing my order tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:

That might make sense, especially if want to get a copy. The amount of games we will get to USA is severely limited (a few hundred) so it is very likely that it will not be available for indefinitely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those living in the US, The Game Steward has several copies of the Kickstarter Edition (with all KS Exclusives) available for pre-order in the BGG Marketplace.

Timo and Jamari and company have been great throughout this Kickstarter, and they deserve a ton of credit. We're definitely looking forward to getting this one to the table soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
And now that we will go to the "version hell", I think it's worth of mentioning that this might really help:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmkpylo6fnhabum/PM_Component_Sheet...

Questions are welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are we coming along with USA shipping? Just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:

Placed my order on 11/2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
How are we coming along with USA shipping? Just curious.

We're also curious... and promise to share any hints when we learn. Hopefully today (in 5 hours) when we have a meeting with Panda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to get back to my original question: what do people like me that bought the game from Perdition's Mouth web page have to wait?

I mean, copies of the game are en route from Panda to different destinations, that means our copies will be sent when they arrive.
From where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Irish86 wrote:
Just to get back to my original question: what do people like me that bought the game from Perdition's Mouth web page have to wait?

I mean, copies of the game are en route from Panda to different destinations, that means our copies will be sent when they arrive.
From where?

All European games are shipped from Germany (where the games are already, waiting for the missing components) and all US games are shipped from Oregon, where those are enroute ATM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Eridis wrote:
(where the games are already, waiting for the missing components)

Is there a day when we can expect the missing components/shipping?

Btw: I am very disappointed with the current updates/communications situation (as I already said on KS two weeks ago: Nobody gets mad when the unforeseeable happens and the delivery is delayed. But were people get mad, is when something is "promised", nothing happens, and nobody cares to explain/comment/answers something for weeks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
flolo wrote:
Eridis wrote:
(where the games are already, waiting for the missing components)

Is there a day when we can expect the missing components/shipping?

Btw: I am very disappointed with the current updates/communications situation (as I already said on KS two weeks ago: Nobody gets mad when the unforeseeable happens and the delivery is delayed. But were people get mad, is when something is "promised", nothing happens, and nobody cares to explain/comment/answers something for weeks).

Dear backers, we are also very unhappy of the situation. We are STILL waiting for confirmation. We did have a meeting yesterday, but despite our very explicit request for schedules of shipments, we have not received that.

We do promise to share any information as soon as we have it. But now we're in limbo concerning the shipping information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Pisani
Malta
Birkirkara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a kickstarter backer I would have loved to hear about any delays on the campaign page, even if it is a comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with the fulfillment issues.

In the "old days" (over the summer - in the northern hemisphere reference frame) the delays and problems with KS campaigns were always with printers (screwing up, starting late, taking three month holidays, etc.). Fulfillment just happened mysteriously. Nowadays it is fulfillment that seems to be the big bugaboo for KS games. PM:AR is not alone. And it seems that the big October story about the collapse of Hanjin is not even an issue.

Funny little world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Comments are actually bad - it takes a lot of work to go find them, making them useful to only a very small segment. Comments should really be viewed as "chat".

Anything touching upon "expectations", especially something more concrete like schedules, I feel should be posted as an update. It's providing a status to the investors (or at least those invested in your project), and as mentioned, most backers are very forgiving when informed and very hateful when ignored. And while product in hand apparently beats all, it'll still be even better if you were informed while waiting. (See Project: Elite for a current example of a right fine cluster.)

TLDR: If something is impacting expectations, post an update, even if it is "we can't give you a status because we don't have any information".

Also, if you get the ship names, a lot of backers will do your work for you by monitoring those ships like a hawk and trying to be the first to let folks know it's landed. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
We have a nice, good, thorough update done. Waiting. It only waits for the confirmations that components to Europe are shipped (and we have tracking ID) and ship from China to US have left harbour.

Those were promised - more than once. We will not (again) just relay those informations until we are sure.

I'm aware that we look like (and feel) like fools with these information bits (or rather lack of it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to many other Kickstarters that fall behind months and months on delivery, PM:AR is doing great. Delays with shipping are currently an issue for many companies trying to get their product. Timo and the group have done a great job so far. If there's no update it's probably because there's nothing new to add. Patience is a virtue on KS and PM:AR is being delivered with very little delay from its initial projection. I'm not one to hold back on being critical with companies on KS but I don't think these guys deserve it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Eridis wrote:
I'm aware that we look like (and feel) like fools with these information bits (or rather lack of it).

Oh, you mean as much fool as on of my favour movie/series characters: Lt Cmdr Data.

Lt. Cmdr. Data wrote:
Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is, "I do not know"

What some complain about is not, that you cant give us fix date. Its that you are silent.

The history of information is
- Europe will have games until 22nd Oct. (Comment at begin of October)
- We have a minor and major hiccup, minor is minor, major leads to
delay in US and Australia and separate trait deck in Europe (mid October)
- I am not on FB, but at end of October some reported, that it was stated that next week (i.e. last Oct/first Nov week) should be send

And thats it.
I can only guess that there are maybe some problems with the trait deck, but other possibilities would have been, that you send it, and the post man placed the parcel in front of the door and it was stolen. Or similar to Jamey Stegmaiers Scythe: The complete game was stuck at the European distributor for several weeks. Its, in my eyes, no problem, when you dont know details, because they are out of your sphere of influence. But saying nothing at all is a problem. I would have considered a short update like this very helpful (Speculating):

"Sorry, bad new guys. We have delay due to unforeseen problems. Delivery status: USA&Aus: Container still on ship - unknow arrival date. EU: Not all missing components were air delivered to 'Spiel'. We also have no date by Panda when the new components will be delivered.
We will inform you here when we have further information."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understood, thank you Timo for taking the time to answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Timo! Patience is all we need. This will sort itself out soon enough.

One question - if I bought my copy from the official website and I live in the U.S., will my game ship from Oregon or from Germany?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flolo wrote:

What some complain about is not, that you cant give us fix date. Its that you are silent.

The history of information is
- Europe will have games until 22nd Oct. (Comment at begin of October)
- We have a minor and major hiccup, minor is minor, major leads to
delay in US and Australia and separate trait deck in Europe (mid October)
- I am not on FB, but at end of October some reported, that it was stated that next week (i.e. last Oct/first Nov week) should be send

And thats it.
I can only guess that there are maybe some problems with the trait deck, but other possibilities would have been, that you send it, and the post man placed the parcel in front of the door and it was stolen. Or similar to Jamey Stegmaiers Scythe: The complete game was stuck at the European distributor for several weeks. Its, in my eyes, no problem, when you dont know details, because they are out of your sphere of influence. But saying nothing at all is a problem. I would have considered a short update like this very helpful (Speculating):

"Sorry, bad new guys. We have delay due to unforeseen problems. Delivery status: USA&Aus: Container still on ship - unknow arrival date. EU: Not all missing components were air delivered to 'Spiel'. We also have no date by Panda when the new components will be delivered.
We will inform you here when we have further information."

We'll get at least some kind of an update out soon as we actually start to have at least some newsworthy scraps in our hands.

dumpty wrote:

One question - if I bought my copy from the official website and I live in the U.S., will my game ship from Oregon or from Germany?

One answer - By default it'll ship from the U.S. storage but I reckon that we can arrange it to be delivered from Germany too if you want to add a German touch to your box... or something... :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.