$15.00
$20.00
Ryan Woodson
United States
Centerton
AR
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have seen people post on here about the success they have had in this, but when I have attempted it, it has been a resounding failure. I have talked to multiple reps and even their supervisor, but I have received the same response. "We do not price match on current promotions."

Also a related question. Does anyone know if Amazon will be matching said promotion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You fell in a pit on the first turn. Good job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to, so it's just going to be YMMV. take the stuff you want price matched up to customer service and don't mention the promo, just say you want it price matched. But if they turn you down I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morgenegg
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tell them that Toys R Us is giving the games away for free and they will just sack the games up for you and not charge you. That's what I would do. I think Target's business model is to give away free merchandise. It's a new thing I noticed while Iw as shopping there they other day among the going out of business signs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan35 wrote:
I have seen people post on here about the success they have had in this, but when I have attempted it, it has been a resounding failure. I have talked to multiple reps and even their supervisor, but I have received the same response. "We do not price match on current promotions."

Also a related question. Does anyone know if Amazon will be matching said promotion?

Why not just buy from Amazon, since they are the one running the sale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Woodson
United States
Centerton
AR
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JRietveld wrote:
Ryan35 wrote:

If Amazon was running the sale, I would. But I am not sure if Amazon or Wal-mart.com is going to match the Target's promotion (B2G1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan35 wrote:
JRietveld wrote:
Ryan35 wrote:

If Amazon was running the sale, I would. But I am not sure if Amazon or Wal-mart.com is going to match the Target's promotion (B2G1)

Sorry, I misunderstood. Why not then get it from Target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Woodson
United States
Centerton
AR
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JRietveld wrote:
Ryan35 wrote:
JRietveld wrote:
Ryan35 wrote:

SpecterOps - Amazon 41.75, Target 54.99
Deus - Amazon 40.01, Target 59.99
Cash N Guns - Amazon 26.00, Target 34.34
Flick 'Em Up - Amazon 47.89, Target 76.99

So, in the Hot Deals section there are lots of people bragging (At least that is how I took it) about the great deal they got with the promotion and price matching. I just want a piece of that action too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanh Nguyen
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Ryan35 wrote:
JRietveld wrote:
Ryan35 wrote:
JRietveld wrote:
Ryan35 wrote:

So, in the Hot Deals section there are lots of people bragging (At least that is how I took it) about the great deal they got with the promotion and price matching. I just want a piece of that action too.

I called 4 times. The first 2 did pricematch for me. But the second 2, actually the first 1 also, turned me down because of stupid reasons like they don't pricematch items on amazon because they (on amazon) are on sale (marked off the list price), or they are on amazon prime list, or (they are too stupid to listen to this one) that they are sold by the third party (the game manufacturer, which is always listed with the game name) instead of amazon. They insist that it has to be amazon the one who make the game and sell it. Anyways, it's just testing your luck. The second one was very easy for me. Just give her my order number, wait for 10min, she came back with a refund. No question ask about my id or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan35 wrote:
JRietveld wrote:
Ryan35 wrote:
JRietveld wrote:
Ryan35 wrote:

Aah, got it. I can understand the desire for the best deal possible, but not a fan of trying to finagle a deal that loses a company money.
Basically, people are hoping to get a Target employee that doesn't understand the limits of the deal and are willing to allow it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Luck and a willingness to give up. I got them to price match one game one time and it was so infuriating that I fought like hell that one time (because their reasons for not doing it were straight up lies) but will never bother again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.