Subject: What changes from game to game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I did a quick search and was going to have to go through way to many pages of posts to hopefully find an answer. I just have a quick question on what changes from game to game with each scenario? Played the first scenario on friday night, lost due to a rules mistake on my part (thought you were eliminated after losing all health or sanity. Missed the rule that you discard face down and take a wounded or insane condition modest )

If we played the first scenario again, what would change? Just a chance for different tile layout, is what I seemed to find in searching. So everything would maybe be in different places, but everything would stay the same? Like the butler having the same dialog, and the same clues from search tokens (just in different spots on the board)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much. You will also encounter different monsters, find new items, etc. Of course you also have different investigators and you may start with entirely different items.

But at the end of the day the amount of variation is limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Ok that is what I thought, thanks for a quick response. I am planning on playing again tonight, if there isn't much difference I will choose a new scenario. Was considering the first again, because we lost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Baginski
Germany
49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Pretty much. You will also encounter different monsters, find new items, etc. Of course you also have different investigators and you may start with entirely different items.

But at the end of the day the amount of variation is limited.

That's only partially correct, there is a little "story branching" regarding the timing of the heroes.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
For example in the first scenario, if you don't go to the kitchen early enough, the butler is killed, also the endgame may variate depending on your timing, being early, being late etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Also in the first scenario.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There are two ways to unlock the door to the ritual room. You can either find a key in a hidden panel behind a square slot puzzle or by unlocking a mechanism by solving a different type of puzzle somewhere else in the mansion.

There are always two different ways to unlock the door and where you can find the puzzles switches depending on the map variant.

I've also had the Priest of Dagon summon different monsters too. One play through it was a deep one, and in the next I got a Star Spawn. That was fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.