Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we're going to try our 1st 2-player game tonight (using the Anniv Edition rules), but have some questions:

- the rules say "Guards may arrest a POW by moving into the same space. In the inner courtyard, POWs can only be arrested if their Escape Officer is holding Escape Equipment."...

how would the Sec Officer know this? Do Escape Officers need to show their cards? or if he/she is holding any cards you can assume they have escape equip?

- also, each Esc Off starts with 1 escape kit, and i believe each POW needs a kit in order to escape...so in reality if you're an Esp Off you really only need to assemble 1 more kit, correct (since you need 2 POW's to escape in order to win)?

AND...is the actual "escaping" POW carrying the kit on him (where he/she could lose it if caught), or does the player (Esc Off) just have to have one?

- it looks like in a 2-player game the Sec Officer only gets 6 "guards", total...is that correct? or are 6 out on the board while the others start in the barracks? (my guess is 6 total, the others are for larger gaming groups)

- and each Escape Officer starts with 1 Esp Kit...and i believe 1 is the max you can have at any one time...and each POW attempting to escape must have a kit. so until you have your 1st POW actually escape it seems like there's no point in even trying to assemble another kit (unless you can collect and hold most of the needed items, but never "complete" the kit until your 1st one is used?)

thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
- the rules say "Guards may arrest a POW by moving into the same space. In the inner courtyard, POWs can only be arrested if their Escape Officer is holding Escape Equipment."...

how would the Sec Officer know this? Do Escape Officers need to show their cards? or if he/she is holding any cards you can assume they have escape equip?

The number of equipment, opportunity, and security cards each player has is public information.

John_VW wrote:
- also, each Esc Off starts with 1 escape kit, and i believe each POW needs a kit in order to escape...so in reality if you're an Esp Off you really only need to assemble 1 more kit, correct (since you need 2 POW's to escape in order to win)?

Yes; if you escape with two POWs on the same turn, you don't even need to assemble a second kit.

John_VW wrote:
AND...is the actual "escaping" POW carrying the kit on him (where he/she could lose it if caught), or does the player (Esc Off) just have to have one?

The player simply needs to have it.

John_VW wrote:
- it looks like in a 2-player game the Sec Officer only gets 6 "guards", total...is that correct? or are 6 out on the board while the others start in the barracks? (my guess is 6 total, the others are for larger gaming groups)

6 guards in total.

John_VW wrote:
- and each Escape Officer starts with 1 Esp Kit...and i believe 1 is the max you can have at any one time...and each POW attempting to escape must have a kit. so until you have your 1st POW actually escape it seems like there's no point in even trying to assemble another kit (unless you can collect and hold most of the needed items, but never "complete" the kit until your 1st one is used?)

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Filip_FH wrote:
Yes; if you escape with two POWs on the same turn, you don't even need to assemble a second kit.

Do both POWs need to escape via the same "target" space on the board? The rules don't seem to specify either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Do both POWs need to escape via the same "target" space on the board? The rules don't seem to specify either way.

They do not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Filip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.