mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i have a bunch of extra board game pieces
mostly they have come from purchasing upgrades

example: i have an early version of agricola and all the cubes and discs that come with it

example: i upgraded my ticket to ride set w/ wooden trains and the larger cards from the expansion sets

what do you do with your extra pieces? i feel strange throwing them in the trash... anyone want them for whatever you're up to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rusticchasm wrote:
anyone want them for whatever you're up to?

Maybe ask in the DIY section or some local groups/game stores?
I assume there is someone near you with a similar pnp mindset to my own that would love to get more random bits to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep them all, never know when I might need them for something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a Plano box or something similar, and sort it out. Meeples, cubes, dice... You never know when you will lose a piece or need some extra dice, or even have the right stuff for some PnP game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mafman6 wrote:
rusticchasm wrote:
anyone want them for whatever you're up to?

Maybe ask in the DIY section or some local groups/game stores?
I assume there is someone near you with a similar pnp mindset to my own that would love to get more random bits to play with.

I have to resort to mY daughter's pony beads or taking some cubes from other games all the time to use on PnP projects and prototypes.

If you don't want them and would be throwing them anyway, you can sell them for cheap online or here in BGG (basically just ask for shipping costs) as many people here can use them for replacements, to pimp their own games or for PnPs. You'll get rid of them without producing more waste into this world, and they will be put to good use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I am anit-clutter so, if I don't need the components, I toss them or donate them to a local store that might be able to sell them or use them as replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the trade function for each game, you can list the bits under "has parts" (or see if anyone "wants parts".)

Or list them in the 2015-2016-2017 Spare Parts Resource List.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Keep them just in case some are lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Qwerty
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a whole bunch of extra Axis & Allies pieces. Guess what? I made up a WW2 game for them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra bits seems like they could come in handy. Like someone else said, I'd get a tackle box and organize them...store them in a closet or some place out of the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use them for PnP games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Giant_Monster wrote:
I am anit-clutter so, if I don't need the components, I toss them or donate them to a local store that might be able to sell them or use them as replacements.

exactly this

i had been saving them but i've used maybe 1x cube in the past 5 years and its starting to take up valuable shelf space

slprince wrote:
Under the trade function for each game, you can list the bits under "has parts" (or see if anyone "wants parts".)

Or list them in the 2015-2016-2017 Spare Parts Resource List.

thanks! great idea! didn't know this list existed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.