Hide
4 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories: Expedition: Endurance» Forums » General

Subject: Two very brief French reviews, no spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete K
msg tools
If you're like me you're dying for reviews to start to pour in. The gMe has only been out a few days and in France. Two very short reviews were posted on Tric Trac and since I'm desperate for anything new related to his game, here's a summary:

1. "Very good"

2. Basically they said great script, ends too quickly, the setting and first run are "breathtaking"

Hopefully more come soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYi ...

https://www.asmodee.us/en/news/2016/10/3/expedition-enduranc...

... A little English taster! ... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete K
msg tools
Another Tric Trac review, loosely translated/summarized:

--Great entry into the series, lots of surprises, great atmosphere and art. Disappointed with the ending, however.

They compared it to the film
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys, I played it last saturday, so I can tell you my feelings about it. There are no real spoilers in here, but I guess it depends of what you consider to be one. By reading this, you will learn nothing specific but you'll have some ideas about what to expect and what not to expect. I'll put spoiler tags, just in case.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You are sent to investigate a temporal anomaly aboard a ship which is trying to cross the antarctic in 1914.

The atmosphere is very tense and dark and the art transcribes it very well. The theme is somewhat similar to the first scenario (20th century horror) but the first was more about madness and creepiness and this one is more about pure fear and tension.
At some point I felt that I was afraid of exploring or learning more about some things.

The playable characters were ok in general, most of them with a useful specialty. One of them felt very average though, and not very useful. And one was just great: very special, with big advantages and disadvantages. Having him played was really fun.

As far as mechanics are concerned, they are pretty straightforward. There are a few twists at some points (including one that I felt was quite clever), but nothing major.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.