$60.00
$20.00
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have enjoyed reading the Operational Matters OCS Guide and breaking out the included Sicily II game has been great! I've learnt a lot from the veteran submissions, which have been excellent for me as an OCS newcomer - I'm hooked.

But, I keep thinking about the same for the TCS too. A 'Tactical Matters' TCS Guide with similarly sized game included? I'd be in for that!

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front and Combat Commander rule! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an awesome idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
That's an awesome idea.

Glad you think so!

We may as well throw in a 'Grand Matters' GTS Guide and a 'Standard Matters' SCS Guide as well I suppose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Fresh start Fresh bananas
badge
Ashwin in thoughtful mood
mb

Thirded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanFR wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
That's an awesome idea.

Glad you think so!

We may as well throw in a 'Grand Matters' GTS Guide and a 'Standard Matters' SCS Guide as well I suppose...

For us ACW gamers, can we get a "Line of Matters" for the LoB series?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Matters on the Line'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
Linear Matters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Battalion Matters while we're at it.

Any ideas for what subject the game included in Tactical Matters would cover? Would Bastogne work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walters
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
"...the art of manoeuvering armies...an art which none may master by the light of nature. but to which, if he is to attain success, a man must serve a long apprenticeship." -- G.F.R. Henderson
mbmbmbmbmb
All Lines Matter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Spiering
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone trying to get started in TCS right now this is a great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

When is it coming out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Molon Labe wrote:
And Battalion Matters while we're at it.

Any ideas for what subject the game included in Tactical Matters would cover? Would Bastogne work?

I thought of 'Battalion Matters' for BCS and 'Various Matters' for VCS but considered there might not be enough material to showcase in the 'Matters' format. On the other hand, it would be a great way to ramp those series up with new additions! (not that ramping up is needed)

Bastonge would be great for 'Standard Matters' but has been in circulation recently. I was thinking a new and improved GD'40 perhaps for 'Tactical Matters'? It's one map and about the size of Sicily II.

Or, maybe something new all together!!!

Sorry to the great people at MMP and associated with The Gamers if all this is getting too enthusiastic and starting a whole new 'Matters' series/branding for you!

Lee, care to weigh in on 'Tactical Matters'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you aware of Lee's YouTube video tutorials for TCS? They are very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dieroll Honker wrote:
Are you aware of Lee's YouTube video tutorials for TCS? They are very helpful.

Hi Jon, yes I have been through them a couple of times. And, you are right - I did find them extremely helpful. I think Lee has done a great job of explaining the series.

I've looked through some of the new GTS videos too but don't have any of those games, yet.

In terms of a 'Tactical Matters' idea, apart from an awesome new game, I thought it would be great to have a collection of articles from different veteran's perspectives of, and experiences with, the series. Great for learning and even just for interests sake alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be wonderfull to see lots of examples of real game op sheets to see how others do them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agip wrote:
It would be wonderfull to see lots of examples of real game op sheets to see how others do them.

That's one of the great things it could offer. Awesome idea!

Examples of OP sheets from basic through to those that would be akin to actual military usage, along with accomanying discussion and examples showcasing various games would be fantastic. Something interesting for everyone at all TCS veterancy levels.

I'd certainly be interested in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.